Contribute
Register

In Depth Guide for BridgeHelper 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP, receiving kernel panic (KP) whilst installing using your directions Andrew

what DISK do I point to for step 6?

I did use Bridge Helper 5.0 for and pointed to the USB stick in the earlier directions

"6. Install BridgeHelper 5 (I know I installed it to the USB first, but it didn't work for me without installing it again)"

Hi,

it has been a while I was using a hackintosh, for now I have a new Ivy Bridge System (i5-3570K with Gigabytes GA Z77 DS3H, 8GB Ram) and want to macify ( :D ) it again.

All Your guides about installation are just fine, but for now I just have a SL retail DVD (10.6.3).

So my Question, is there an option to buy Lion on my new Computer with SL installed? I tried an installation with iBoot but after several tries it just stop every time at the apple logo doing nothing anymore.
If there is an Option (maybe waiting for new iBoot?) or should I try to get Lion elsewhere?

Thank you for your help!

Vaellian

Vaellian said:
Hi,

it has been a while I was using a hackintosh, for now I have a new Ivy Bridge System (i5-3570K with Gigabytes GA Z77 DS3H, 8GB Ram) and want to macify ( :D ) it again.

All Your guides about installation are just fine, but for now I just have a SL retail DVD (10.6.3).

So my Question, is there an option to buy Lion on my new Computer with SL installed? I tried an installation with iBoot but after several tries it just stop every time at the apple logo doing nothing anymore.
If there is an Option (maybe waiting for new iBoot?) or should I try to get Lion elsewhere?

Thank you for your help!

Vaellian

Here's the easiest method that I can think of if you have the Snow Leopard Retail DVD:

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=63235

You will have to use iBoot Legacy. Good luck!

OKAY SEARCH WAS MY FRIEND THIS TIME:

Found the answer to my Bridge Helper 5, human error during install on GA-Z77X-DS3H/I5-3570K

...cut...
Remember to apply BridgeHelper on the hdd that has your OSX installation.
...paste...

:clap:

Jmkenz60 said:
HELP, receiving kernel panic (KP) whilst installing using your directions Andrew

what DISK do I point to for step 6?

I did use Bridge Helper 5.0 for and pointed to the USB stick in the earlier directions

"6. Install BridgeHelper 5 (I know I installed it to the USB first, but it didn't work for me without installing it again)"

Jmkenz60 said:
OKAY SEARCH WAS MY FRIEND THIS TIME:

Found the answer to my Bridge Helper 5, human error during install on GA-Z77X-DS3H/I5-3570K

...cut...
Remember to apply BridgeHelper on the hdd that has your OSX installation.
...paste...

:clap:
Good, I will make that clearer in the guide :D .

Okay, new opportunity has come about .

The modified Bridge Helper 5.0 (BH) interim kernel update is getting overlaid after the terminal step in STEP 6.

I will perform reboot from the modified (BH) USB stick and copy (replace) the kernel again BEFORE login using the Lion disk partition.

...cut...
1. Make a Unibeast USB using this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.cz/2011/10/u ... using.html
2. Install BridgeHelper 5 to the USB stick
3. Install OSX and do the matchkernel thing from this guide on second boot viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052
4. In OSX run Multibeast with this
-UserDSDT install (don't put any DSDT on desktop)
-Non-DSDT HDAEnabler - ALC887/888b (will add patched AppleHDA in next step)
-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (to disable internal HDD showing as external)
-JMicron36x ATA (for SATA III connectors on motherboard)
-maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet
-OpenCL enabler for 10.7.2+ (Optional for nVidia cards, I have GTX 470)
5. Put AppleHDA from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854 on desktop and install using KextBeast
6. Install BridgeHelper 5 to HDD where is you permanent Lion installation (I know I installed it to the USB first, but it didn't work for me without installing it to the HDD too)
7. Install Chimera 1.10
8. ONLY if you have AMD graphics card - Change GraphicsEnabler to No aka GraphicsEnabler=No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (thanks to MetaData for pointing that out)
9. Reboot and enjoy
...paste...

Got everything to work. However, I'm using the onboard HD4000 graphics and my display resolution is limited to 1024 x 768. Has anyone found a way around that?

jvidamins said:
Got everything to work. However, I'm using the onboard HD4000 graphics and my display resolution is limited to 1024 x 768. Has anyone found a way around that?

Congratulations, I am interested in how you got the Hd 4000 graphics to run, even if a fixed video resolution.

I am using a spare GTX 570 for now.

I just followed this guide the the T. The only thing I didn't check on multi-beast was "OpenCL enabler for 10.7.2+ (Optional for nVidia cards, I have GTX 470)". I wonder if that could be why my resolution is fixed??? Anyone???

Okay without any optimization my i5-3507k/GA-z77X-DS3H
Geekbench score is : 11039

I will need to purchase some 1600Mhz memory sticks and swap out from the 1333Mhz used to build the Ivy Bridge Helper system.

Looking forward to July 2012.

Now on to DUAL BOOT with a second hard drive for windows gaming :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back