Contribute
Register

In Depth Guide for BridgeHelper 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmkenz60 said:
jvidamins said:
Got everything to work. However, I'm using the onboard HD4000 graphics and my display resolution is limited to 1024 x 768. Has anyone found a way around that?

Congratulations, I am interested in how you got the Hd 4000 graphics to run, even if a fixed video resolution.

I am using a spare GTX 570 for now.

HD4000 worked for me back in 10.7.3, but at a fixed resolution and no hardware acceleration. You are MUCH better off with the GTX 570

Thank you Randall P,

This is so cool to be using an IVY Bridge configuration to type this reply.

I guess READ, READ, READ the forum makes a difference.

Ok, so in in addition to my fixed resolution and no graphics acceleration using the HD 4000, I also have no sound. Need some help.

tonymacx86 said:
Vaellian said:
Hi,

it has been a while I was using a hackintosh, for now I have a new Ivy Bridge System (i5-3570K with Gigabytes GA Z77 DS3H, 8GB Ram) and want to macify ( :D ) it again.

All Your guides about installation are just fine, but for now I just have a SL retail DVD (10.6.3).

So my Question, is there an option to buy Lion on my new Computer with SL installed? I tried an installation with iBoot but after several tries it just stop every time at the apple logo doing nothing anymore.
If there is an Option (maybe waiting for new iBoot?) or should I try to get Lion elsewhere?

Thank you for your help!

Vaellian

Here's the easiest method that I can think of if you have the Snow Leopard Retail DVD:

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=63235

You will have to use iBoot Legacy. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I will check on that right now.
Sorry for my late response. :)

Did this installation step work for you?

...cut...
5. Put AppleHDA from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854 on desktop and install using KextBeast
...paste...

It did resolve my lack of sound on my GA-Z77X-DS3H implementation.

jvidamins said:
Ok, so in in addition to my fixed resolution and no graphics acceleration using the HD 4000, I also have no sound. Need some help.

No, tried that twice and still no sound. Am I supposed to delete something before I do that like the instructional from that site says?

Vaellian said:
tonymacx86 said:
Vaellian said:
Hi,

it has been a while I was using a hackintosh, for now I have a new Ivy Bridge System (i5-3570K with Gigabytes GA Z77 DS3H, 8GB Ram) and want to macify ( :D ) it again.

All Your guides about installation are just fine, but for now I just have a SL retail DVD (10.6.3).

So my Question, is there an option to buy Lion on my new Computer with SL installed? I tried an installation with iBoot but after several tries it just stop every time at the apple logo doing nothing anymore.
If there is an Option (maybe waiting for new iBoot?) or should I try to get Lion elsewhere?

Thank you for your help!

Vaellian

Here's the easiest method that I can think of if you have the Snow Leopard Retail DVD:

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=63235

You will have to use iBoot Legacy. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I will check on that right now.
Sorry for my late response. :)

So I just did all this and got SL running, with 2 problems:

1. I can't restart without using iBoot. Maybe I hit the wrong aspects in MultiBeast but that's not the main problem for just set up the UniBeast USB-Drive.

2. SL doesn't recognize my internal LAN, so I'm not able to download Lion. :(
I tried different drivers in MultiBeast and finally the DSDT, which caused a KP.

Hoping for help.

Vaellian

AndrewSM said:
UPDATE1: Added IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
UPDATE2: Added screenshot from MultiBeast and extra step for AMD card owners

Hey, I had the same problem with KP as you did, this is what finally what worked for my GA-Z77-DS3H (i7-3770, 16GB 1600 MHz RAM):

1. Make a Unibeast USB using this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.cz/2011/10/u ... using.html
2. Install BridgeHelper 5 to the USB stick
3. Install OSX and do the matchkernel thing from this guide on second boot viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052
4. In OSX run Multibeast with this
-UserDSDT install (don't put any DSDT on desktop)
-Non-DSDT HDAEnabler - ALC887/888b (will add patched AppleHDA in next step)
-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (to disable internal HDD showing as external)
-JMicron36x ATA (for SATA III connectors on motherboard)
-maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet
-OpenCL enabler for 10.7.2+ (Optional for nVidia cards, I have GTX 470)
5. Put AppleHDA from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854 on desktop and install using KextBeast
6. Install BridgeHelper 5 to HDD where is you permanent Lion installation (I know I installed it to the USB first, but it didn't work for me without installing it to the HDD too)
7. Install Chimera 1.10
8. ONLY if you have AMD graphics card - Change GraphicsEnabler to No aka GraphicsEnabler=No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (thanks to MetaData for pointing that out)
9. Reboot and enjoy

Everything is working - boot, sound, sleep, network, graphics. And I've got 13 963 score in 64bit GeekBench with my i7-3770.

Did you use power management?

As if anyone would be interested, I use the SSDT file from MultiBeast for i7 processors, without DSDT.

Tested with MSRDumper and I can see various CPU multipliers.

Mid Temperatute 37º.

I'm using SMBIOS MACPro3.1. I also tested with MAC MINI 5.1

Which SMBIOS are you using?

SaSAX said:
As if anyone would be interested, I use the SSDT file from MultiBeast for i7 processors, without DSDT.

Tested with MSRDumper and I can see various CPU multipliers.

Mid Temperatute 37º.

I'm using SMBIOS MACPro3.1. I also tested with MAC MINI 5.1

Which SMBIOS are you using?

MACPro3.1 myself.

Can you post the code from your MSRDumper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back