Contribute
Register

In Depth Guide for BridgeHelper 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mightee said:
AndrewSM said:
UPDATE: I don't know why is the memory locked to 1333 MHz on this motherboard (it is corsair 1600 MHz from factory) but after trying to "overclock" it to 1600 MHz I've got 14 805 score in GeekBench! Woot, thanks Tony so much for the tools! :headbang:

How do you "overclock" the RAM?
UEFI BIOS - M.I.T. - Advanced Memory Settings
-Extreme Memory Profile - Profile1
-System Memory Multiplier - 16
-Performance Enhance - Extreme

About Radeon - I don't know. Doesn't 10.7.4 already contain drivers for that?

ktwoart said:
AndrewSM said:
Hey, I had the same problem with KP as you did, this is what finally what worked for my GA-Z77-DS3H (i7-3770, 16GB 1600 MHz RAM):

1. Make a Unibeast USB using this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.cz/2011/10/u ... using.html
2. Install BridgeHelper 5 to the USB stick
3. Install OSX and do the matchkernel thing from this guide on second boot viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052
4. In OSX run Multibeast with this
-UserDSDT install (don't put any DSDT on desktop)
-Non-DSDT HDAEnabler - ALC887/888b (will add patched AppleHDA in next step)
-JMicron36x ATA (for SATA III connectors on motherboard)
-maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet
-OpenCL enabler for 10.7.2+ (I have GTX 470)
5. Put AppleHDA from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854 on desktop and install using KextBeast
6. Install BridgeHelper 5 (I know I installed it to the USB first, but it didn't work for me without installing it again)
7. Install Chimera 1.10
8. Reboot and enjoy

Everything is working - boot, sound, sleep, network, graphics. And I've got 13 963 score in 64bit GeekBench with my i7-3770.

Which flags did you use when installing OS X launching Unibeast for the first time? I keep getting errors saying "Still waiting for root device".
I don't know what that means, I didn't use any flags.

mcmon151 said:
I don't think I installed any patched hda enabler all I remember was the non daft 887/88b thing, then toledas applehda, and for the USB 3.0 I didn't change anything in the BIOS. Oh and when I try to sleep on the system the mouse just disappears and nothing else happens and I can get back by clicking the mouse or a keyboard key, the screen never goes black, though I feel that this is all because I'm still using the unsupported HD 4000 graphics.
This is all you should check for audio in MB. Then install new toleda's kext.

I haven't tried HD 4000 I am running discrete graphics. I am sure Tony and MacMac will polish all these issues in next version of their tools.

USB 3.0 is still not working for me, but what is really weird my Logitech G5 mouse (USB 2.0) works in the USB 3.0 port. All my other USB devices (Apple wide keyboard, two flash drives) don't work. Really strange...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-17 at 2.35.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-17 at 2.35.46 PM.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 200
I can confirm the above. My G500 mouse works in the USB 3.0 ports, but the rest doesn't (including my apple keyboard)

I would recommend everyone to also tick IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, that way OSX will see your HDD's as internal. I didn't use JMicron36x ATA myself, but your experience may differ.

The following enables sleep for AMD users:

AMD video card users only:

Change GraphicsEnabler to No aka GraphicsEnabler=No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>

Audio still isnt workng for me :cry:

Here is exactly what ive done:
Install, kernel copy, multibeast with: userdsdt woth no dsdt on the desktop, non dsdt enabler for 887/888b and atheros gigabit ethernet. Then kextbeast with toledas interim applehda, then bridgehelper 5, and finally chimera. Everything works natively including my recently "baked" 8800GT, but i still get no audio. No devices or output

AndrewSM said:
UPDATE1: Added IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
UPDATE2: Added screenshot from MultiBeast and extra step for AMD card owners

Hey, I had the same problem with KP as you did, this is what finally what worked for my GA-Z77-DS3H (i7-3770, 16GB 1600 MHz RAM):

1. Make a Unibeast USB using this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.cz/2011/10/u ... using.html
3. Install OSX and do the matchkernel thing from this guide on second boot viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052
-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (to disable internal HDD showing as external)
-OpenCL enabler for 10.7.2+ (Optional for nVidia cards, I have GTX 470)
5. Put AppleHDA from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854 on desktop and install using KextBeast
6. Install BridgeHelper 5 (I know I installed it to the USB first, but it didn't work for me without installing it again)
7. Install Chimera 1.10
8. ONLY if you have AMD graphics card - Change GraphicsEnabler to No aka GraphicsEnabler=No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (thanks to MetaData for pointing that out)
9. Reboot and enjoy

Everything is working - boot, sound, sleep, network, graphics. And I've got 13 963 score in 64bit GeekBench with my i7-3770.

Thanks For easy noob guide for us. I was wondering if i can use same guide for my Z77X-UD5 and 3570K .So far no audio and HD4000 graphics.

mcmon151 said:
Oh and when I try to sleep on the system the mouse just disappears and nothing else happens and I can get back by clicking the mouse or a keyboard key, the screen never goes black, though I feel that this is all because I'm still using the unsupported HD 4000 graphics.

Isn't the HD 4000 supported now that the new Airs and Pros have come out? What do we have to do to get our machines to run the HD 4000 like they should?

jvidamins said:
mcmon151 said:
Oh and when I try to sleep on the system the mouse just disappears and nothing else happens and I can get back by clicking the mouse or a keyboard key, the screen never goes black, though I feel that this is all because I'm still using the unsupported HD 4000 graphics.

Isn't the HD 4000 supported now that the new Airs and Pros have come out? What do we have to do to get our machines to run the HD 4000 like they should?

Bridgehelper 5, isn't it?

Mightee said:
jvidamins said:
mcmon151 said:

Bridgehelper 5, isn't it?

I've read that "HD4000 works only 1024x768" and that "there's no hardware acceleration" and that it's "only for testing", in addition to mcmon151's problem above.

gotojanoo said:
AndrewSM said:
UPDATE1: Added IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
UPDATE2: Added screenshot from MultiBeast and extra step for AMD card owners

-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (to disable internal HDD showing as external)
-OpenCL enabler for 10.7.2+ (Optional for nVidia cards, I have GTX 470)
7. Install Chimera 1.10
8. ONLY if you have AMD graphics card - Change GraphicsEnabler to No aka GraphicsEnabler=No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (thanks to MetaData for pointing that out)
9. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks For easy noob guide for us. I was wondering if i can use same guide for my Z77X-UD5 and 3570K .So far no audio and HD4000 graphics.

I second the newbie guide! Thank you! #cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back