Contribute
Register

Important: 10.7.4 and Sandy Bridge CPU PM Temporary Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty new to these things but had geek bench scores of about 6000 - what made me wonder whats wrong. after doing this step (and setting cpu to 4.5ghz) i got 16200 ;P

cpu i7 2700k 3.5ghz (oc 4.5ghz)
motherboard ga z68xp-ud4 rev 1.0 F4 (clean using unibeast and multibeast 4.4.1)
4 x 4gb corsair 1600mhz
gtx560 ti
Mac os 10.7.4 (normal update through updater from 10.7)

cpu scores in geekbench jumped from 6000k to 24900!

thanks!

just to prove I'm not lying ;)
dIjqW.png

I also recall doing a cinebench for the CPU. before the changes i got a lame score of 3.05 pts. Now i got 8.85!

Didn't get affected, i7 2600

Seems like I didn't get affected, In-fact my scores on geekbench and cinebench are little bit improved.

Using Core i7 2600 (non-K) stock frequency.

:think:

Asus P8P67 Deluxe with i7 2600k with Samisnake's modified BIOS 2103 and my own DSDT.
Was set and forget in 10.7.3 - nice
I always got PStates and CStates not generated! messages - but speedstep worked

Now in 10.7.4

I stripped my boot.plist of all PState CState args

1. Using DropSSDT boot arg causes a hang at "TSC deadline timer supported and enabled"
2. Using extracted SSDT causes multiple P-State Stepper 18 error messages and still stuck at x 16 multi.
3. Using the SSDT from page 9 (after editing out unused turbo ratios) causes a hang @ undefinedTJ Max=0 message.
And another error regarding FakeSMC plug: IntelCPUMonitor.
(When I edit the SSDT from page 9 - there's a remark about the length no longer matching what has been defined - but there are no errors)
4. Booting into Single User mode and removing IntelCPUMonitor and rebooting causes a panic with many errors that I don't understand, something about joystick not found and then AppleHDA error lol

After this version of KP, it all goes horribly wrong and stops using KernelCache, takes ages to page through Kexts and then eventually hangs.
At this point I have to boot from USB, check disk, repair permissions and then boot with:
SSDT=Null DropSSDT=No Gen P and C States = Yes to get back to the start

I have set ASUS UEFI for functions related to:

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS: Disabled
CPU EIST Function: Enabled (if available)

in ASUS-Speak - would this be :

Turbo Ratio: Adjust by all cores - Can't adjust in OS (I just left the 4 cores on AUTO)
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology - Enabled

Still no joy without using NullCPUPM :(

There's no doubt I'm doing something stupid - any clues?

racerx90 said:
indy911 said:
...or at least not in the format that I usually see in the examples.

PS - Also tried the DSDT from Tony's repository, but then my system doesn't boot at all, even with the old settings.

The processor definitions are in the SSDT NOT the DSDT. Two completely different files.

This is a screenshot from Sami's guide. I don't know if it is representative as an example, but mine looks very different from this in the (_PR) section. I found a few other threads as well that mention possible issues in this section, hence my question.

Just trying to find a solution for the issue some people with Asus P8P67 boards seem to have. How P and C states are (or are not) working for them is definitely related to the problem described in this thread.

Attachments

• step4-2.png
    step4-2.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 257
Got the issue at my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + i5-2400 :(

Used method from first post and got improve system score from 9400 to 10250.
Pretty nice. Thnx to MacMan! :thumbup:

Just another affirmation of the info given.

i5-2500k ([email protected]) + GA-Z68XP-UD4

Pre-fix: ~4500 Geek ench
Post-fix: ~11500 Geek Bench

Thanks as always... Time to drop a donation :)

steveotron said:
Hmm, I don't think my computer was affected? I never really ran GeekBench, but my score that I just ran was 9890 on an i5-2500k with a GAZ68AP-D3 board.

Sr9nP.png

If I check at my BIOs and my multiplier is set at 33, that means I'm fine, right? Or is it possible that it could say that my multiplier is at 33 but is still locked at 16 once I've booted into OSX?
I'm affected though.what BIOS version do you have?Are you using a DSDT?

Custom Macmini 2011

i5 2500k, Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 (F7), 8GB 1333 DDR 3 Kingston, Geforce 9800GT 512mb

I have added 2 lines

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

used MSRdumper and run geek bench

my results

May 14 11:22:44 marks-mac-pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper: multiplier: 34
May 14 11:22:49 marks-mac-pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper: multiplier: 16
May 14 11:22:54 marks-mac-pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper: multiplier: 34
May 14 11:23:24: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
May 14 11:23:24 marks-mac-pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper: multiplier: 34
May 14 11:23:44: --- last message repeated 3 times ---
May 14 11:23:44 marks-mac-pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper: multiplier: 16

My Geek Bench score has dropped by about 100 or so.

Does it seem ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back