Contribute
Register

Important: 10.7.4 and Sandy Bridge CPU PM Temporary Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
about to try the OP, let you know how it works

edit: perfect thanks <3

Wolfster said:
I can also confirm that Greggen's SSDT worked for me(i7 2600k) when upgrading to 10.7.4. I just put it my extra folder.

I can confirm also that this SSDT seems to work fine for me thus far.
Haven't edited anything (original boot plist).

Here's how I updated:
- Installed combo update 10.7.4
- Before restart ran multi beast 4.4, select AppleHDA rollback
- Copied Greggen's SSDT to /Extra folder
- Reboot
- Ran multi beast again and select NVIDA graphics enabler (Have GTX 560 Ti)
- Reboot
- All working OK! Wiiii :clap:

Geekbench is same as with 10.7.3 (64 bit - about 12900)

What I don't understand though is that people here are saying that even if you have put a working SSDT in the /Extra folder that you still need to edit the boot plist.
Would I gain any benefit if I did that?
Multiplier is according to HWMonitor what I've seen thusfar (16x, 23x, 24x, 25x, 35x, maybe more but i've seen these values come by)

UPDATE: Just edited org.Chameleon.Boot.plist and still working fine.
Think I lost around 200 geek bench points.
Can live with that, till I find a proper SSDT for my main board and cpu combo :)

What I also just saw is that my CMOS was reset? This happened to other people as well?
Anyone know a fix for that?

I had the CMOS Reset one, I ran multibeast and checked AppleRTC fix !

^^ or just run this in terminal.
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I have Z68X-UD3H-B3-F10BIOS and i5 2500k and I use SSDT from dm5253 everything work fine. After installing the update I apply RTC patch and rollback my patched AppleHDA .
I have only four PStates (16 34 35 36) because I use imac12,2 smbios.

BMW3series said:
^^ or just run this in terminal.
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Thanks! Tried it and it seems to fix it!
At first it didn't, but after I used kext wizard to rebuild caches and fix permissions all seems good now. :clap:

Is above perl command the same as applying the patch with multi beast?
Because reason I tried above command instead of the suggestion to use multi beast is that i read some posts here of people experiencing kernel panics with the multi beast RTC fix?

Re: IMPORTANT: 10.7.4 and Unlocked Sandy Bridge CPUs [TEMP FIX]

huashuai said:
Motherboard: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: i5-2500K

Just update to 10.7.4

I only added the following without remove GeneratePStates before updating.
Code:
 <key>DropSSDT</key>
   <string>Yes</string>

After reboot, the CPU is not locked at 1.6 GHz

What Bios version are you using? I have that motherboard and v2 which is not responding to all the helpful suggestions people have posted. I am still at 1/2 speed

FishCow said:
H8TR said:
What I cant seem to understand is why my system hangs with DropSSDT=Yes. No one yet has had an issue like this other than me :/

I have the same issue using DropSSDT=Yes . . .
Asus P8P67 Deluxe i7 2600K
I was wondering if you actually have to have a proper SSDT.aml if you use the line:
DropSSDT=yes?

What do you guys see at the end of the output of bdmesg in a terminal window? For me it's:

ACPI CPUs not found: C-States not generated !!!
ACPI CPUs not found: P-States not generated !!!

Strangely enough, Im using one of Samisnake's patched bios for my P8P67 Pro and speedstepping has always worked (MSRdumper showed a handful of states). Looking into my home-made DSDT (also using Samisnake's guide), it seems the processor definitions are missing, or at least not in the format that I usually see in the examples. I have the feeling this all adds up to my hack not booting when I add the Drop SSDT line to the boot commands.

PS - Also tried the DSDT from Tony's repository, but then my system doesn't boot at all, even with the old settings.

indy911 said:
Strangely enough, Im using one of Samisnake's patched bios for my P8P67 Pro and speedstepping has always worked (MSRdumper showed a handful of states). Looking into my home-made DSDT (also using Samisnake's guide), it seems the processor definitions are missing, or at least not in the format that I usually see in the examples. I have the feeling this all adds up to my hack not booting when I add the Drop SSDT line to the boot commands.

PS - Also tried the DSDT from Tony's repository, but then my system doesn't boot at all, even with the old settings.

The processor definitions are in the SSDT NOT the DSDT. Two completely different files.

dm5253 said:
I think its only Processor specific (snip)

Firstly, thank you for sharing this info. The problem is also on i7 QM chips. Using your method and using a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext I managed to get speedstep working :)

The fix is processor specific. My values are a lot different to yours. Everyone should create a personalised SSDT for their system to be safe.

Hmm, I don't think my computer was affected? I never really ran GeekBench, but my score that I just ran was 9890 on an i5-2500k with a GAZ68AP-D3 board.

Sr9nP.png

If I check at my BIOs and my multiplier is set at 33, that means I'm fine, right? Or is it possible that it could say that my multiplier is at 33 but is still locked at 16 once I've booted into OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back