Contribute
Register

iMacPro AsRock X299 e + i9 9940x = MiniMonsterBuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also please have a look in this thread:

Although it is focussed on Asus-X299-boards it is a valuable source of information.

Got it working. It was the ram, as per my post in catalina support.

Thanks again @kubusikan for the EFI!

hi,
I'm using Asrock X299e-ITX/AC now since I move to small case
so is there someone here can help me converting clover to opencore?

Nevermind, I finally success convert my Clover to an OpenCore :)

Last edited:
Nevermind, I finally success convert my Clover to an OpenCore :)
Interesting!

I wanted to do it for quite some time but never started as my system runs stable using clover since "ever".
The only change i made in the recent past is using OcQuirks instead of AptioMemoryFix with the added benefit
of a slightly shorter boot-time.

Would you like to share your EFI?

Last edited:
Interesting!

I wanted to do it for quite some time but never started as my system runs stable using clover since "ever".
The only change i made in the recent past is using OcQuirks instead of AptioMemoryFix with the added benefit
of a slightly shorter boot-time.

Would you like to share your EFI?
Well it is not perfect, I'm not expert and slow learning about this hackintosh :)
anyway here is my working EFI with Opencore (0.5.8)
Maybe you can help me to make this perfect

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58 MB · Views: 204
anyway here is my working EFI with Opencore (0.5.8)
Maybe you can help me to make this perfect
Thank you!
I'll give it a try and see if i can learn from it.
I am too not an expert at these things. ;-)

Thank you!
I'll give it a try and see if i can learn from it.
I am too not an expert at these things. ;-)

Try this new EFI, maybe can be more "complete" now

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.5 MB · Views: 2,577
Thanks again!

Note: you should remove your SMBIOS/Serial-Number and related personalized things from your uploaded EFI-Folder.
Otherwise someone might just use your EFI and their system then represents itself to Apple as yours and might break iMessage and such things. Not sure about the exact ramifications but removing these things seems to be considered a best practice as i learned.

I used your EFI (i think it was the first one posted) for my first steps in OpenCore.
After some modifications it booted and the system felt quite normal. :)

The boot time using OpenCore was not faster than using clover with OcQuirks

One thing i encountered using OpenCore is the CPU powermanagement which (on my system) seems to be not working as expected or the best it could.
Using Intel Power Gadget i observed spiky CPU usage and a higher base power usage when the system is basically idle.
It looked like the CPU went up and down every second. There is some room to improve.

I will further play with OpenCore but stay with clover for now. It just works and i know somewhat what i am doing. ;)
But this will take some time.

Last edited:
Hello, I've build my hackintosh a few days ago and thanks to kubusikan's EFI, it's working with Clover.
But I'm having trouble getting it working with OpenCore. It loads to userspace but I only get a black screen with mouse cursor.

Here's my EFI:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
Hi haydenlin,

i just recently transitioned to OpenCore. It was not easy but i finally got it working ok.
Regarding kexts i tried to keep it simple and disabled some in the config.plist although they are still in the Kexts folder. I used Loloflatsix EFI ASRock EFI from this post (link) for reference but adopted it to the ASRock X299-itx/ac.

Please see my uploaded EFI-Folder but keep in mind, that it is work in progress and i use an actual Apple WiFi-Card.
Also i removed the serial-number and other system specific stuff, so you can fill your specific values.
Maybe it contains useful for your case?

BTW: i saw quite some Broadcom related items in your EFI - are these all needed?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back