Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already provided @yuyu166 a properly adopted SSDT-X299-Nvidia.aml for his particular system configuration. The apparent problems is, that he did not implement the latter under /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, as he also still resists in using Whatevergreen.kext under /EFI/Clover/kexts/other... By doing so, however he seems surprised, that neither GFX0 nor HDAU are properly implemented.

No further comments..
Hi KGP,
Thanks again for all your work and time. I think I'm good now. Thanks again and wish you have wonderful day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.11.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.11.28 AM.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: kgp
KGP, I’ve been doing my best to follow your guide although my motherboard is different X99 WS Asrock

My main issue is I can’t get the power management to work properly. I’ve applied the patches in your guide.

However I’m not sure if my bios is locked and if kernelpm is needed.

Is there a good way to tell if it has the msr lock? I’m not home right now but I can upload all my efi stuff later.

I had also tried an aml file I generated from ssdtprgen and it did not help.

I’ve tried combinations in the bios of turning the cstates on and off speed step on and off etc.

With speed step on it runs 3.3ghz all the time with it off it runs 4.4ghz (my oc settings) thanks in advance I really appreciate it and will follow any steps you ask me for.

KGP, I’ve been doing my best to follow your guide although my motherboard is different X99 WS Asrock

My main issue is I can’t get the power management to work properly. I’ve applied the patches in your guide.

However I’m not sure if my bios is locked and if kernelpm is needed.

Is there a good way to tell if it has the msr lock? I’m not home right now but I can upload all my efi stuff later.

I had also tried an aml file I generated from ssdtprgen and it did not help.

I’ve tried combinations in the bios of turning the cstates on and off speed step on and off etc.

With speed step on it runs 3.3ghz all the time with it off it runs 4.4ghz (my oc settings) thanks in advance I really appreciate it and will follow any steps you ask me for.

First at all I have to ask you to to add your system specs to either your profile or signature in compliance with the board rules.

The proper function of XCPM is not MSR related. If the MSR register of your mainboard is locked, you would not be able to boot your system at all without checking KernelPm and enabling XCPM_core_scope.

Are you sure that else you are using the correct combination of XCPM kernel patches for your particular CPU, which you did not further mention or detail at all? For verifying the latter, providing your system specs and uploading your EFI-Folder is deemed necessary.

Cheers,

KGP

First at all I have to ask you to to add your system specs to either your profile or signature in compliance with the board rules.

The proper function of XCPM is not MSR related. If the MSR register of your mainboard is locked, you would not be able to boot your system at all without checking KernelPm and enabling XCPM_core_scope.

Are you sure that else you are using the correct combination of XCPM kernel patches for your particular CPU, which you did not further mention or detail at all? For verifying the latter, providing your system specs and uploading your EFI-Folder is deemed necessary.

Cheers,

KGP

Sorry about the specs, I will do this first thing when I get home and also upload my EFi which is somewhat based off yours.

Thank you very much for the clarification on the MSR register I was a bit confused on that subject.

It is a 5820k, Asrock x99 ws, rx580 8gb and 16gb of 2400mhz ram.

Sorry about the specs, I will do this first thing when I get home and also upload my EFi which is somewhat based off yours.

Thank you very much for the clarification on the MSR register I was a bit confused on that subject.

It is a 5820k, Asrock x99 ws, rx580 8gb and 16gb of 2400mhz ram.

Carefully read my additional notes for the 5820k along my README.md on Github!

BTW.. the RX580 is not the best solution when using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. Can you still opt for e.g. a Radeon RX Vega 56 instead?

BTW.. the RX580 is not the best solution when using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. Can you still opt for e.g. a Radeon RX Vega 56 instead?
I will read the notes absolutely.

I had changed my system to iMac 6,1 to support the 580 and it seems to be flawless besides this power issue.

Ok I read your GitHub read me and I *think* have the two required patches. attaching my EFI-Distributions here.

edit: also added the performance patch to clover just now.

Sorry if I have forgot anything I super appreciate the help, I did add my info to my sig also.

Everyone that I've talked to so far that seems to actually have a 5820k working with power management is using a pmdrvr.kext By Brumbear w/ -xcmp not enabled

I also tried the attached SSDT.aml file but it did not work, generated using ssdtprgen.sh

current status: no working power management either 3.3 or 4.4 but no in-between.

Currently I have c-states on and Speed step off in bios.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 67
  • ssdt.aml
    3.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Ok I read your GitHub read me and I *think* have the two required patches. attaching my EFI-Distributions here.

edit: also added the performance patch to clover just now.

Sorry if I have forgot anything I super appreciate the help, I did add my info to my sig also.

Everyone that I've talked to so far that seems to actually have a 5820k working with power management is using a pmdrvr.kext By Brumbear w/ -xcmp not enabled

I also tried the attached SSDT.aml file but it did not work, generated using ssdtprgen.sh

current status: no working power management either 3.3 or 4.4 but no in-between.

Currently I have c-states on and Speed step off in bios.

My dear friend,

is it really that intellectually demanding to download and use my actual EFI-Folder distributed on Github? Your EFI-Folder, which you attached above, is significantly outdated and incomplete. You also added Kernel patches under Kext Patches, etc. :rolleyes:

Use the modified EFI-Folder attached below, forget about pmdrvr.kext and report back with an IPG screenshot showing Idle and max. Load (Cinebench) CPU performance.

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32 MB · Views: 158
My dear friend,

is it really that intellectually demanding to download and use my actual EFI-Folder distributed on Github? Your EFI-Folder, which you attached above, is significantly outdated and incomplete. You also added Kernel patches under Kext Patches, etc. :rolleyes:

Use the modified EFI-Folder attached below, forget about pmdrvr.kext and report back with an IPG screenshot showing Idle and max. Load (Cinebench) CPU performance.

Cheers,

KGP

Hi KGP, I decided to finally get off X99 after 4.5 or so years.

I picked up an Asus X299 prime-a which I believe is near identical to your deluxe so hopefully I will be able to get it up and running without too many issues. Just trying to find a 7820x now. Thanks for all the info you have provided and will certainly be working towards a working X299 Hackintosh soon

Reactions: kgp
I upgraded from a working installation 10.13.5 to Mojave. sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode returns 1. But sudo kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu returns nothing. What am I missing? I also do not have plugin-type at CPU00@0 in the IORegistry.

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu returns nothing as well.

I am also experiencing loads of graphical artifacts. For example the dropwdown menu in the chrome URL bar or youtube icons. Do I have an older Web driver or something? I am using 387.10.10.40.105.

Thank you for the excellent guide as always though!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
  • ioreg.ioreg
    34.1 MB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back