Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
is possible to boot hackintosh with dual monitor connect at the same time? Everytime I connect to dual monitor I get nothing but black screen; however, with one monitor everything is fine. Any idea how to fix this issue, anybody?

I upgraded from a working installation 10.13.5 to Mojave. sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode returns 1. But sudo kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu returns nothing. What am I missing? I also do not have plugin-type at CPU00@0 in the IORegistry.

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu returns nothing as well.

I am also experiencing loads of graphical artifacts. For example the dropwdown menu in the chrome URL bar or youtube icons. Do I have an older Web driver or something? I am using 387.10.10.40.105.

Thank you for the excellent guide as always though!

Apparently you didn't read the first page of this thread or any other Mojave or Post Installation/Graphics thread(s). There is NO I repeat NO Nvidia driver for Mojave yet. If you have an Nvidia card, you are best to stay with 10.13.6. You could have also found that out by using the Downloads/Nvidia Drivers dropdown menu link to see all Nvidia released drivers.

Cheers mate.

Apparently you didn't read the first page of this thread or any other Mojave or Post Installation/Graphics thread(s). There is NO I repeat NO Nvidia driver for Mojave yet. If you have an Nvidia card, you are best to stay with 10.13.6. You could have also found that out by using the Downloads/Nvidia Drivers dropdown menu link to see all Nvidia released drivers.

Cheers mate.

Of course I read the first page. From my understanding I thought the patched NVidia drivers would at least fix tearing. Because they install fine with the fix. I will downgrade to 10.13.5 I guess.

I run Nvidia graphic cards myself and I am still using 10.13.6 w/ the now pulled .108 drivers. Which runs flawless for me. Though I would love to see/try some of the eye candy/enhancements Mojave offers, I just have to wait or buy an AMD card when I get some money saved up whichever drops first =)

Cheers.

I run Nvidia graphic cards myself and I am still using 10.13.6 w/ the now pulled .108 drivers. Which runs flawless for me. Though I would love to see/try some of the eye candy/enhancements Mojave offers, I just have to wait or buy an AMD card when I get some money saved up whichever drops first =)

Cheers.
Please give web files 108.

I upgraded from a working installation 10.13.5 to Mojave. sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode returns 1. But sudo kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu returns nothing. What am I missing? I also do not have plugin-type at CPU00@0 in the IORegistry.

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu returns nothing as well.

I am also experiencing loads of graphical artifacts. For example the dropwdown menu in the chrome URL bar or youtube icons. Do I have an older Web driver or something? I am using 387.10.10.40.105.

Thank you for the excellent guide as always though!

Please carefully read the README.md of my X99 EFI-Folder distribution on GitHub and carefully consider all necessary modifications explicitly mentioned for i7-5820K!

Total revision of my former XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Note that I just finished a major revision of my XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline in the spirit of the 10.14.1 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI USB port limit kernel patch flaw.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Hi kgp
Thanks for that.... I do a similar thing but with USBInjectAll and a ssdt. But in the end it does the same thing.
Went away from those port limit patches some time ago already.
Regards, Michael

Thus, in total we have now 15 implemented HS and SS ports and we just stay within the 15 USB port limit. In the truncated KGP-ASUS-X99-A-II-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext attached below, I removed HS03, HS04, SS03, SS04 (assigned to the internal USB3.0 header USB3_34) and HS05 (assigned to the most right USB2.0 connector in the second column from top on the back panel of the mainboard) from the kext. By this, all other USB2.0 and USB3.0 ASUS-A II onboard connectors remain fully functional. Alternatively, one could also drop e.g. HS01, HS01, SS01, SS01 (assigned to the internal USB3.0 header USB3_12) and either HS13, HS14 or HS06 from KGP-ASUS-X99-A-II-iMacPro-XHCI.kext. Up to your personal taste.
View attachment 338144

According to your guide for creation of a kext like KGP-ASUS-X99-A-II-iMacPro-XHCI-15port.kext, shouldn't the port-count value be modified to 0e000000 instead of the value you have of 16000000? Apparently it still works with an incorrect value. Perhaps this value is more of a comment than a number used by the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back