Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In relationship to 10Gbit Ethernet, from what I understand, reading one has to run MacOS 10.13.3 to have the Asus XG-C100C firmware updated. Only then the card will work in subsequent MacOS versions using the proper patch.
Is there a budget 10Gbit card working OOB, or with the installation of a driver, that's also budget sensitive as the Asus card is?
Thanks!

@mm2margaret can give you advices for a Sonet Aquantia AQC107 10GB NIC, which works OoB under macOS.

Also see e.g. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 that following her feedback works OoB under both macOS and Windows.

Hi All
If anyone know how to fix sleep please help
Thank you.
I did not install thunderbolt card.

Attachments

• debug_27205.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
@eiriasemrys
@kgp

Thanks for your reply!
I had read on another thread the Syba works OOB. Good!

@kgp
A couple of days ago you suggested the Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G as one of the better motherboard to build a X299 system. Does that apply to the Asus WS X299 SAGE as well?

how about the Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE II if I plan using the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card (as you suggested)? This Asus motherboard has integrated Thunderbolt 3. Can they be disabled and then can the Gigabyte Titan Ridge be used?

Thanks for your help!

@eiriasemrys
@kgp

Thanks for your reply!
I had read on another thread the Syba works OOB. Good!

@kgp
A couple of days ago you suggested the Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G as one of the better motherboard to build a X299 system. Does that apply to the Asus WS X299 SAGE as well?

how about the Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE II if I plan using the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card (as you suggested)? This Asus motherboard has integrated Thunderbolt 3. Can they be disabled and then can the Gigabyte Titan Ridge be used?

Thanks for your help!

You cannot use any TB PCIe adaptor with the ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE II. There is no THB-C connector for external TB adapters. Yet nobody confirmed full TB capabilities including HotPlug under macOS for the ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE II. Apparently, there are at least some issues concerning TTR USB-C, i.e. no HotPlug but at least HotSwap for USB-C devices. Anyway, up to now, with this motherboard you will have to make your own tests and conclusions.

Several users confirmed full TTR compatibility of the Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G. I don't know if there are any differences in other firmware or hardware between the Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G and the Asus WS X299 SAGE, apart form the 10G NIC. Thus, also concerning the Asus WS X299 SAGE, you might have to make your own tests and respective conclusions.

Hi All
If anyone know how to fix sleep please help
Thank you.
I did not install thunderbolt card.

Hi my friend,

did you now follow all guidelines provided in the original post of this thread? Do you also use the default EFI-Folder distribution, some adequate XHC USB kext and properly adopted system SSDTs provided in the respective Github repositories?

If so, and only if so.. ;), please upload all necessary information requested at beginning of section C.) that me and others can help.

In my system sleep/wake works without issues, apart from the TTR problem with TB devices connected.

Cheers, man!

KGP

I am still busy making progress to realize my Prime X299 Deluxe build : yesterday I unplugged both VEGA 56, unscrewed the bottom extension of the PCH cover and put the WD Black SN750 on a M2-1 slot, screwed the bottom extension of the PCH cover, replaced all and also the 970 EVO on M2_2 slot so work in progress will instal MacOs and perhaps order the 970 EVO PRO...:beachball:

I'm also about to upgrade my X299 Gigabyte build with two NVMe SSDs, so a year after my debut, still in progress, that's the big advantage of this platform. ;)

At this point, I still hesitate between cloning my SSD or doing a new clean installation of the latest Mojave MacOs ? Time Machine always takes care of my system.

Hi my friend,

did you now follow all guidelines provided in the original post of this thread? Do you also use the default EFI-Folder distribution, some adequate XHC USB kext and properly adopted system SSDTs provided in the respective Github repositories?

If so, and only if so.. ;), please upload all necessary information requested at beginning of section C.) that me and others can help.

In my system sleep/wake works without issues, apart from the TTR problem with TB devices connected.

Cheers, man!

KGP
Hi KGP

Did you check my patchmatic_extraction
Because SSDT-2.aml take care all ports.
I create SSDT-X299-All.aml for X299-WU8
I test with SSDT or with out SSDT or with out PRW sleep but not wake up.
Please check my EFI
Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 78
Hi KGP

Did you check my patchmatic_extraction
Because SSDT-2.aml take care all ports.
I create SSDT-X299-All.aml for X299-WU8
I test with SSDT or with out SSDT or with out PRW sleep but not wake up.
Please check my EFI
Thank you.

1.) What for you need all these kexts?

2.) Remove drivers64 directory
3.) Add correct ACPI replacements in config.plist
4.) Add DMAR drop tables and delete all other drop tables in config.plist
5.) Use AppleALC audio approach
6.) Remove all Kext patches but use

I really do not understand why you resist in using my default X299 10.13.4 EFI-Folder distribution.. works OoB with few minor adaptations like boot flag 0x2000 and darkwake=8 for your motherboard. Else you just need to add TSCAdjustReset.kext, Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and Whatevergreen.kext.

4.) Use SSDTs from X299 Github repository.

5.) Try to create motherboard specific XHC USB kext following my guidelines.

If you resist in following my advises, I am not able to help either...

Good luck,

KGP

1.) What for you need all these kexts?

View attachment 385451

2.) Remove drivers64 directory
3.) Add correct ACPI replacements in config.plist
4.) Add DMAR drop tables and delete all other drop tables in config.plist
5.) Use AppleALC audio approach
6.) Remove all Kext patches but use

View attachment 385454

I really do not understand why you resist in using my default X299 10.13.4 EFI-Folder distribution.. works OoB with few minor adaptations like boot flag 0x2000 and darkwake=8 for your motherboard. Else you just need to add TSCAdjustReset.kext, Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and Whatevergreen.kext.

4.) Use SSDTs from X299 Github repository.

5.) Try to create motherboard specific XHC USB kext following my guidelines.

If you resist in following my advises, I am not able to help either...

Good luck,

KGP
Hi KGP still not work
In bios setting
ERP Enabled or disabled?
I update EFI please check Thanks KGP.

Can you Check energy server that's correct?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.44.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.44.52 PM.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back