Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can upload you my Designare EX EFI folder (even though I don't have this board anymore since last week) if you want, but you need to adjust TCAdjustReset and the boot options.

I usually use XCode and TextWrangler and avoid CC.

But it seems you're having issues with booting the initial installer....

You dumped your X299 Designare EX? Wow! I love this motherboard with the 7980xe! Best computer I have ever owned. I owe YOU for helping me get it to work initially. (KGP too of course, but you had the Designare goodies)

in my case npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) is required for asus x299-a prime motherboard, in order to make 200-series XHCI controller to work (i'm using i7-9800x).

For anyone struggling to get USB XHCI to work after flashing BIOS 1603 to your Asus X299 Prime motherboard, try either of the boot args in the quote. FYI, CMOS reset(s) did nothing, but the npci=0x2000 boot argument did the trick in my case.

So yeah, thanks @wladdych

For anyone struggling to get USB XHCI to work after flashing BIOS 1603 to your Asus X299 Prime motherboard, try either of the boot args in the quote. FYI, CMOS reset(s) did nothing, but the npci=0x2000 boot argument did the trick in my case.

So yeah, thanks @wladdych

Apart from CMOS resets, I also reflashed 1603 at least once. No need to use npci=0x2000 with my Asus Prime X299 Deluxe and 1603. I would not expect that the Asus X299 Prime behaves that differently. Anyway, if npci=0x2000 also can resolve the firmware issue, fine with me.

Apart from CMOS resets, I also reflashed 1603 at least once. No need to use npci=0x2000 with my Asus Prime X299 Deluxe and 1603. I would not expect that the Asus X299 Prime behaves that differently. Anyway, if npci=0x2000 also can resolve the firmware issue, fine with me.

Yeah, I don't really know why this change was needed in order to get the USB work again in my case.
I did a flash back and forth between 1503 and 1603 multiple times and never got it to work until I tried with the npci=0x2000.

Also, I hope this boot argument doesn't cause any unwanted side effects in the long run. At least for now, everything seems to work just fine which makes me happy :beachball:

Yeah, I don't really know why this change was needed in order to get the USB work again in my case.
I did a flash back and forth between 1503 and 1603 multiple times and never got it to work until I tried with the npci=0x2000.

Also, I hope this boot argument doesn't cause any unwanted side effects in the long run. At least for now, everything seems to work just fine which makes me happy :beachball:

i also tried 1503, and this haven't solved XHCI issue. only npci makes USB ports work on my system.

You dumped your X299 Designare EX? Wow! I love this motherboard with the 7980xe! Best computer I have ever owned. I owe YOU for helping me get it to work initially. (KGP too of course, but you had the Designare goodies)

It’s a good and well made board for sure. But I’ve always had weird BIOS issues with it. And lately basically every restart wiped the BIOS. Since it has dual BIOS it would get weird reboots and go into the backup bios and vice versa. Just a lot of headaches.

Since I didn’t have time to RMA and wait for a new board, I just went to a Microcenter and picked up the ASUS Prime Deluxe II. Which is a inferior made board (less features like less fan headers and no backplate or VRM fan). But it’s been rock solid now.

Will be RMAing the Designare and selling it.

The Asus has an onboard Titan Ridge and a heatpipe like the Designare so I’m happy.

It’s a good and well made board for sure. But I’ve always had weird BIOS issues with it. And lately basically every restart wiped the BIOS. Since it has dual BIOS it would get weird reboots and go into the backup bios and vice versa. Just a lot of headaches.

Since I didn’t have time to RMA and wait for a new board, I just went to a Microcenter and picked up the ASUS Prime Deluxe II. Which is a inferior made board (less features like less fan headers and no backplate or VRM fan). But it’s been rock solid now.

Will be RMAing the Designare and selling it.

The Asus has an onboard Titan Ridge and a heatpipe like the Designare so I’m happy.

What about the onboard TB 3 and USB-C hot plug and sleep/wake performance?

Haven’t any TB3 devices to check for you yet :(

ok step by step ... what about the LG5K2K? :lol::lol: you could sell your two 38UC99-W... :p

ok step by step ... what about the LG5K2K? :lol::lol: you could sell your two 38UC99-W... :p

Hahahaha!

Dual LG5K2K would be great.

I'm honestly overwhelemed with the dual ultrawide 38"'s....but I'm kind of used to it now. It's basically 4 monitors :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back