2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have loaded the NVIDIA installer and rebooted. I have a ASUS ROQ 370- MOBO. NVIDIA 3060 card and the kext apparently is not loading and the card is not regignized, including model and VRAM. I am getting the lined affect when the OS in High Sierra first loads as well. Can anyone advise what I need to do? Also what Imac SMBIOS to define the machine at. Thanks, Nick

The RTX 3060 is not supported in macOS, not in any version.

The Nvidia Web Drivers do not work with the newer Turin cards. The last version of Nvidia cards supported in High Sierra with the Nvidia Web Drivers was the Pascal series, i.e. GTX 1080 etc.

What you need to do is change the Nvidia graphics card for a macOS compatible card.

The AMD RX5700 XT would probably be comparable to your RTX 3060.

I have loaded the NVIDIA installer and rebooted. I have a ASUS ROQ 370- MOBO. NVIDIA 3060 card and the kext apparently is not loading and the card is not regignized, including model and VRAM. I am getting the lined affect when the OS in High Sierra first loads as well. Can anyone advise what I need to do? Also what Imac SMBIOS to define the machine at. Thanks, Nick
Thanks for the information. I guess I'll just leave it as a PC (sigh & grumble). BTW, thanks for the website and the support. How are we gonna hackintosh when Mac goes all M1???

Last edited:
No idea. We will probably all get stuck on the final Intel version of macOS.

Perhaps Apple will decided to make their Intel based OS Open Source when they are no longer using it, stranger things have happened!

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll just leave it as a PC (sigh & grumble). BTW, thanks for the website and the support. How are we gonna hackintosh when Mac goes all M1???
You can still run it, just add a dGPU disabler SSDT in the ACPI settings. Also can run with -wegnoegpu in the boot-arg to prevent the Nvidia card from being initialised.

@misterphoton Assuming you have a CPU with an IGPU that is macOS compatible, i.e. you don't have an 'F' series CPU. You can run macOS on your system, but as Middleman said, you would need to disable the Nvidia card.

Thanks for the info.

I enabled the Multi Monitor setting to use the MOBO's build in graphics (ASUS 370 MOBO). However it's not working in 10.13.6. Can anyone send me a link to set this up in CLOVER/EFI? I also in the config.pist set intel inject to "true"

I want to enable the onboard graphics.

Thanks, Nick

You don't want to use Intel Inject=true if you are using WhateverGreen.kext (WEG). This graphics option will clash with the built in settings in WEG if enabled.

I assume as you have a Z370 motherboard that you have a Coffee Lake CPU and it uses the UHD 630 IGPU. That being the case you need to use the Clover Devices > Properties section to specify the framebuffer and other settings for your UHD 630 IGPU.

For a standard Coffee Lake IGPU that is used to drive a display the settings you need would look like this, in Clover Configurator.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 23.24.34.png

Close up of the Devices > Properties section, with the Intel UHD 630 framebuffer settings.

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 23.24.40.png

I would recommend you have a read of Acidanthera's Intel HD FAQ manual, specifically the General Recommendations section and the Coffee Lake/Comet Lake section. https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Thank You, I will try this.

If I disable the RTX 3060 in OS X (Hackintosh), will it still work on a DUAL boot windows Machine? I assume so.

Can you point me how to disable the NVIDIA card in the Config.plist or where needed?

Thanks for your help. This website is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back