Contribute
Register

iMac G3 (slot) mod - Video Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
imac.jpg

Will going to work tonight on tracing pins in this board.

Hi,

I have been trying (to no avail) for the last few days to include a mini ITX-PC board in an iMac G3 slot-loading while keeping its PSU and CRT.

I made a short custom cable to internally connect the VGA output of the PC board to the iMac HE10 20-pin video connector but it looks like I am still missing some pins.

View attachment 84156

Even when the +5V-trickle (T5V) and PFW signals are shorted, I cannot hear the "PONK" sound of the CRT charging up ... (needless to say that the CRT works quite right with the original iMac logic board).

Has anyone made such a mod and did you find out if pins 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 19 and 20 have to be connected and where to ?

Thanks for any help you could give me on this issue.

Dude i keep wake til´late last night with this (2:00 am.; I tink i woke up in the midle of the night imagining traces of ttl signals...).
After digging around i started to think this question: ¿When you make this custom cable were you thigt t5v and pfw signals on the vga out of your laptop?

I will buy a G3 iMac to try to do the same as you. Any sauggestions? Have you finished your mod? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back