CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i reiceved an A1311 imac from a friend
it start, boot and after loading Apple and full loading, reboot.
i tried to install fresh Os (sierra) from usb, all work fine from boot Usb, i can format hard disk (mine disk to test if is a problem of old hard drive), start install of Sierra, all work fine and tell me that installation is ok, reboot, and again same situation of previous...
during boot seems not read correctly keyboard command for diagnostic or others commenad,
work only combination to reset Parameters ram, no more.
some suggest how to check problems?
i tried to start from disk with old tech tool, but not complete the boot.

i reiceved an A1311 imac from a friend
it start, boot and after loading Apple and full loading, reboot.
i tried to install fresh Os (sierra) from usb, all work fine from boot Usb, i can format hard disk (mine disk to test if is a problem of old hard drive), start install of Sierra, all work fine and tell me that installation is ok, reboot, and again same situation of previous...
during boot seems not read correctly keyboard command for diagnostic or others commenad,
work only combination to reset Parameters ram, no more.
some suggest how to check problems?
i tried to start from disk with old tech tool, but not complete the boot.

Hi there.

In the Sierra installer you should be able to test the disk for errors using Disk Utility.

Another option is to check that the RAM is seated properly in its sockets? If I remember correctly you can access it by removing the grills underneath the monitor.

:)

Hi thanks for fast answer
Hi there.

In the Sierra installer you should be able to test the disk for errors using Disk Utility.

Another option is to check that the RAM is seated properly in its sockets? If I remember correctly you can access it by removing the grills underneath the monitor.

:)
I replaced disk, to remove problem on original disk, and memory are well seated, i also tried to remove and install it again.

Hi thanks for fast answer

I replaced disk, to remove problem on original disk, and memory are well seated, i also tried to remove and install it again.

Hmmm.

If you have tested or replaced the main drive; if you have reset PRAM and checked that your hardware is working correctly, then I do not know why Sierra will not boot.

What version of Sierra are you using? A download from the app store or something else?

Hmmm.

If you have tested or replaced the main drive; if you have reset PRAM and checked that your hardware is working correctly, then I do not know why Sierra will not boot.

What version of Sierra are you using? A download from the app store or something else?
i did a usb pen build from Sierra from Appstore, build with terminal command.
how can i check my hardware work fine if i cannot start Diagnostic from apple or Tech tool disk?
could you give me alternative :-D ?

could you give me alternative :-D ?

If you can't boot from the internal disk or an external one, then no, sorry.

Have you tried booting into the original Recovery partition?

Have you tried booting an earlier verion of macOS such as El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back