Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
P55A-UD4P - SATA III and Can't get past iboot

Got all the parts, pretty happy about it... Issues:

I can get to iboot screen, , put in SL retail disk, do a -x (safe boot osx?) on the console and it appears to start what seems like an installation (Not GUI) , then stalls. I can't get to any osx menu. Could it be as simple as having more than 4gb ram? I can take 2 sticks out.

What about SATA III 6gb? is is supported?
My board has a LOT of SATA ports...
I will put some more time into reading, but blue ports, or White ports? (Which are sata III)?

I think some BIOS settings may be wrong. And there are MANY settings (last machine I built was a p4, so the whole OC thing has gotten a bit more sophisticated since...) anyone who knows specifics to this bios, your feedback is appreciated

THANKS!!
speakend
P55A-UD4P
8GB OCz (4x2)
WD CAVIAR BLACK SATA III
MSI nVidia 260 GTX
i7 860

followed tonymac new guide to a T (i think), still stuck with inability to get to OSX GUI.

Thanks for ANY input

Re: P55A-UD4P - SATA III and Can't get past iboot

speakend said:
Got all the parts, pretty happy about it... Issues:

I can get to iboot screen, , put in SL retail disk, do a -x (safe boot osx?) on the console and it appears to start what seems like an installation (Not GUI) , then stalls. I can't get to any osx menu. Could it be as simple as having more than 4gb ram? I can take 2 sticks out.

What about SATA III 6gb? is is supported?
My board has a LOT of SATA ports...
I will put some more time into reading, but blue ports, or White ports? (Which are sata III)?

I think some BIOS settings may be wrong. And there are MANY settings (last machine I built was a p4, so the whole OC thing has gotten a bit more sophisticated since...) anyone who knows specifics to this bios, your feedback is appreciated

THANKS!!
speakend
P55A-UD4P
8GB OCz (4x2)
WD CAVIAR BLACK SATA III
MSI nVidia 260 GTX
i7 860

followed tonymac new guide to a T (i think), still stuck with inability to get to OSX GUI.

Thanks for ANY input

It's in the instructions to remove all RAM above 4GB for the install. The Bios settings required and which SATA ports to use are also documented in the instructions.

Re: Re: iBoot + MultiBeast: 64 bit kernel?

That's great, that's what i was hoping to hear. Thanks for the reply.
-Paul M

BIOS

I just would like to review the basic BIOS prerects if thats ok.

First thanks for a refreshing howto

I would like to tell you about the BIOS which as per your howto needs admending

a)HPET
Its a siimple enable or disable choice no bit mode settings but the cpu supports 64 bit
(there is a feature uder CPU : execute bit support-- this is disabled by default

b)Boot from cd/dvd thats ok

c) ACHI
This is an interesting section
On-chip DEVICEs
the following headings:

PCI IDE busmaster----enabled(BIOS uses PCI busmastering for reading/writing to IDE drives)
ON-CHIP Sata Controller ----enabled

Raid Mode-----IDE
The only reference I can find to ACHI is under Raid mode you can set it to IDE or AHCI
(if ON-CHIP Sata Controller is disabled the Raid Mode dissapears)
If Raid Mode is set to ACHI, then a ACHI Devices Group appears
which looks like this:

ACHI Settings:

ACHI cd/dvd boot time out (15)
ACHI Port 0 (hard disk)
ACHI Port 1 (not detectabe)
ACHI Port 2 " "
ACHI Port 4 " "
ACHI Port 5 " "

Where it says ( hard disk) this can be expanded to the following
Sata Port 0 (auto) @auto is highlighted so may be able to change this)
S.M.A.R.T. hard disk enabled

thanks for any feedback

xstation :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------
MSI G33M (MS7357)
Intel E6750 2666Mhz (8x 333)
Chipset: Intel Bearlake G33
BIOS: AMI
Grapics: Radeon X1650 (512)
Audio: Realtek ALC888/1200 Intel 82801IB ICH9
CD/DVD DRIVE: Philips SPD2412T

hi tony ,i tryed many times to install leopard but i get always kernel panic and ebios error.

i tryed few iboot versions but no one seems work.

if you can suggest me somenthing i will appreciate.

my computer is a pavillion dv6 2153EL

CPU: 1.6 GHz QuadCore i7-720QM
(SB:pCH Intel PM55, NB:Intel DMI)
GFX: GT 230M

network:
Broadcom 43225

ne0shell said:
hjmm said:
ne0shell said:
You do have the smbios.plist and boot.com.plist files in /Extra? Do you have a DSDT file in there?

Does your root drive have mac kernel and boot files showing? You might need to reinstall Chameleon again from the beast package.

yes, smbios.plist (dated 3/30/2010) and com.apple.Boot.plist (dated 3/23/2010) and a DSDT (dated 3/20/2010) as well

I reinstalled Chameleon, but same result.

Would it help (or hurt) to reinstall 10.6.3 combo and then MultiBeast again?

The updates have no impact on Chameleon working or not.
Either you're not setting something in your BIOS correctly or your system isn't even trying to boot from the OSX drive.

The other possibility is a non retail copy of OSX but you say you have that.

On new installs people need to stop at 10.6. or 10.6.2 and make sure the system is completely functional before moving on to 10.6.3, IMO.

If I were you, I'd reformat the drive and do a clean install, double checking all the BIOS settings and following the directions to the letter. Get a working 10.6.2 system installed that boots and then update to 10.6.3 if you really, really think you need to.

I'm still waiting to apply that last update, my system works fine at 10.6.2 without having to deal with hardware no longer working.

I am back with a different result, but not with a happy result.

Just to be safe, I cleared my BIOS by loading optimized defaults and set all the options again for HPET=64, AHCI.

I started from scratch on a blank hard drive, reformatted, installed Snow Leopard Retail DVD, applied 10.6.3 combo and MultiBeast/Gigabeast. (first time 10.6.3 update crashed with a kernel panic, tried again without MultiBeast open, and it worked. MultiBeast completed successfully too.)

Rebooted cleanly off the Snow Leopard drive and I get the Mac desktop, but pc consistently crashes soon after completing the boot process.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I guess I will try again from the start, which implies another few days time - anyone have an alternative suggestion?

hjmm said:
Rebooted cleanly off the Snow Leopard drive and I get the Mac desktop, but pc consistently crashes soon after completing the boot process.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I guess I will try again from the start, which implies another few days time - anyone have an alternative suggestion?

Odd- your setup should be fully compatible with iBoot + MultiBeast. Noticed that in your signature you have a 1.5TB drive. Are you partitioning the entire drive as 1 partition? If so, try the install on a 100GB partition just to test stability. It might be the fact that your hard drive's system partition is too big. There have been a few issues I've seen with larger than 1TB installation drives. Worth a shot.

Hello,

I Have a G41M-ES2L and i'm running Mac OS X 10.6.3 with RebelEFI. I bought a new HD and i'm trying to install with iBoot.

I also have a XFX Radeon HD4870 1GB. With normal process i failed to boot installation process. But it worked with "-x PCIRootUID=1". The installation goes normal and i could boot SL after reboot.

But after a few minutes with SL booted, the screen goes black (the processor still working). On that minutes i was doing the 10.6.3 combo update, and now i can't boot the installation anymore (i could not install multibeast).

I have successfully reinstalled the 10.6.3 combo update on this new installation through my old mac os x installation. But Multibeast do not let me select the destination. So i continue stuck at this point. I can't boot the installation to install Multibeast, and i can't install multibeast via another installation.

Any workaround for this?

I'll try remove the radeon later and try boot with my onboard intel gma. Then install multibeast and replug radeon. Is it valid?

Thanks in advance,

It worked for me. I remove radeon, boot up with intel graphics, installed multibeast + graphics kexts, and put radeon back again.

Hi,

I am also new here.
Thanks for the great instructions and packages you got here.

I am currently having problems.

Here is what i got:

- evga p55 le
- i5 750
- evga 8600gt
- 4gb ram
- 1.5tb seagate

and here is my problem.

i was able to go though the iBoot + MultiBeast instruction and i currently have snow leopard 6.3 installed with wireless and sound working but, I am having problem with reboot and sleep/wake.
When I try to boot into my hard drive, I get boot:0 error.
I can boot using iBoot and everything seems fine.

Can someone give me some solutions?
Anyone with evga p55 le board working, please share your info please.

thanks,

gom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back