Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ne0shell said:
You do have the smbios.plist and boot.com.plist files in /Extra? Do you have a DSDT file in there?

Does your root drive have mac kernel and boot files showing? You might need to reinstall Chameleon again from the beast package.

yes, smbios.plist (dated 3/30/2010) and com.apple.Boot.plist (dated 3/23/2010) and a DSDT (dated 3/20/2010) as well

I reinstalled Chameleon, but same result.

Would it help (or hurt) to reinstall 10.6.3 combo and then MultiBeast again?

hjmm said:
ne0shell said:
You do have the smbios.plist and boot.com.plist files in /Extra? Do you have a DSDT file in there?

Does your root drive have mac kernel and boot files showing? You might need to reinstall Chameleon again from the beast package.

yes, smbios.plist (dated 3/30/2010) and com.apple.Boot.plist (dated 3/23/2010) and a DSDT (dated 3/20/2010) as well

I reinstalled Chameleon, but same result.

Would it help (or hurt) to reinstall 10.6.3 combo and then MultiBeast again?

The updates have no impact on Chameleon working or not.
Either you're not setting something in your BIOS correctly or your system isn't even trying to boot from the OSX drive.

The other possibility is a non retail copy of OSX but you say you have that.

On new installs people need to stop at 10.6. or 10.6.2 and make sure the system is completely functional before moving on to 10.6.3, IMO.

If I were you, I'd reformat the drive and do a clean install, double checking all the BIOS settings and following the directions to the letter. Get a working 10.6.2 system installed that boots and then update to 10.6.3 if you really, really think you need to.

I'm still waiting to apply that last update, my system works fine at 10.6.2 without having to deal with hardware no longer working.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your blog I have successfully installed Mac os 10.6.4 on the hardware in your tutorial! However when I boot directly from the hard drive after running multibeast (Gigabeast) the machine goes into a boot loop....

Bios
Gigabeast? with progress bar that goes from 100% down to 0%
Then it reboots
and back to Bios

If I boot from the iBoot Nvidia cd everything appears to work pretty good. Any Idea if I have done something wrong, or if I need a newer version of Multibeast for os 10.6.4?
Also who develops Multibeast?
I am a fairly advanced java programmer and will help if you can point me in the right direction.

TIA,
Scott

I get stuck in the 7 step

I insert the DVD, press the F5 but then when i press enter I get, even after i try the "-x":
25042010054_C_pia.jpg

Asus P5E Deluxe
C2Q 9550
4Gb DDR2
HD and DVD-ROM SATA

If someone can understand why the error it will be great, and well how to correct.

I am using Multibeast 1.0.2, but on mac 10.6.4 it causes the boot loop mentioned in my previous post on this thread.

Cheers,
Scott

Ok sorry I was running 10.6.3 (fully updated through the system software updater). But when booting from the hard disk with -x -v I get a error message like this....

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleRTC]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC (error 0xdc008016).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleRTC"

then there is some other stuff, I will try to see if a verify files fixes this, but I doubt it will. Any other suggestions.

TIA,
Scott

Also as a alternative is there a easy way to put iBoot on the Hard drive in another Partition?

I don't like keeping a disk in the DVD drive just to get the machine to boot, but would be fine with the iBoot prompt from the hard disk.

Cheers,
Scott

The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk

Also when I try;
$sudo bless --mount "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" --setBoot
I get the error
Could not find IODeviceTree:/options

Any idea what could cause this.

TIA,
Scott

Re: iBoot + MultiBeast: 64 bit kernel?

In the multi-beast guide, it says:

64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Pre-edited standard 64-bit com.apple.boot.plist. Install ONLY if using a patched DSDT...

Not sure what this means... I am planning to use the DSDT for my motherboard (MSI P55-CD53) from your DSDT database. Do I have to somehow patch it before I try use the 64-bit kernel? is there a writeup of that somewhere?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: iBoot + MultiBeast: 64 bit kernel?

psmithm said:
In the multi-beast guide, it says:

64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Pre-edited standard 64-bit com.apple.boot.plist. Install ONLY if using a patched DSDT...

Not sure what this means... I am planning to use the DSDT for my motherboard (MSI P55-CD53) from your DSDT database. Do I have to somehow patch it before I try use the 64-bit kernel? is there a writeup of that somewhere?

Thanks,
Paul

No- you should be ok- it's just the com.apple.boot.plist without the arch=i386 line. That DSDT should be edited properly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back