2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
iBootPlusMultiBeastLogo.png

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

MultiBeast Latest Version: 2.0.0
Public/MultiBeast.zip

For all information, check out MultiBeast-Documentation.pdf and version changelog in .zip.

tonymacx86 said:
iBootPlusMultiBeastLogo.png

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
hi tony thanx for the new tools and guide :)

i tested your new iboot and MultiBeast but they are not working at all
my spec are : core i7 720QM , Nvidia GT 230M, 4GB Ram

First i tried the iboot nvidia , it loads only using CPUS=1 , i tried busratio=12 but it gives me KP
when using CPUS=1 after loading nvenabler it gives me KP
So i used "tonymacx86-P55BootCD 2xx.iso", it works good
then installed SL , updated to 10.6.3, installed EasyBeast unsupported and restarted
then booted with chamelon CPUS=1 , -x and it loads all the kexts and all goes fine
but it gives me KP after kext are loaded
13042010842.jpg
so what is the problem now, strange to see KP after kext are loaded

Attachments

• 13042010842.jpg
    13042010842.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 5,447
Tony, would you please add an option to the guide for installation to the 200MB EFI boot partition by default. It is my understanding that Chameleon supports this feature now and it eliminates many future updating problems.

Thanks!

GrossmeisterB said:
OK, I'm posting from my MacOS now!!! :clap:
Just a few things I'm unsure about:

1st: I can't access NTFS-HDDs, I tried the "guide" from the other thread, but it's not working, then I tried a different way I found in another forum, and now I can't see any of my NTFS-drives, anyone got a clue how to fix this?

2nd: How do I know my GTX275 is working and the driver's installed correctly? And how can I install the driver?

To test if QE / CI is fully functional go to the widgets feature and try adding a widget. If you see a ripple effect your video card is fully functional.

Hi tonymacx86,

This is good, but if I install the update and Multibeast networking goes out the door.
Update: I'm posting from the machine right now! But Video is still basic and no sound, but networking is fine.

[Update:19Apr2010] After a fresh install and a careful sequence of updates and all is fine except sleeping and unknown processor.

I thought I'd chime in with my experience so far. Using the iBoot-ATI, my install hung during the pre-Snow Leopard screen, at com_chucko_RealtekR1000: etc

I switched to the non-ATI iBoot disc and was able to run it using safe mode. I installed Snow Leopard, rebooted, and had to use safe mode again to get past the same point. Right now I am updating to 10.6.3, we'll see how that goes.

After that's done I need to see if I can boot without being in safe mode, and get the graphics running properly. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

finally i updated to 10.6.3, after a lot of fails , i finally got it to work (but still with CPUS=1)
and all thnx goes to you and the new MacBook Pro kernel , it seems that the original 10.6.3 kernel don't match my laptop
what i do:
1) installed macosx and updated to the latest 10.6.3
2) downloaded the macbook pro update from here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1026
3) when i tried to install this update it gives me a message
Alert This software is not supported on your system
4) so i used pacifist to install the update
5) used your MultiBeast and installed chameleon and fakesmc.kext, and finally SL 10.6.3 working
so it will be great to add this new kernel and method :)

but now what can i do to overcome the CPUS=1 problem, please replay

Bryan said:
I thought I'd chime in with my experience so far. Using the iBoot-ATI, my install hung during the pre-Snow Leopard screen, at com_chucko_RealtekR1000: etc

I switched to the non-ATI iBoot disc and was able to run it using safe mode. I installed Snow Leopard, rebooted, and had to use safe mode again to get past the same point. Right now I am updating to 10.6.3, we'll see how that goes.

After that's done I need to see if I can boot without being in safe mode, and get the graphics running properly. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.
So I couldn't get the 4850 working with 10.6.3. It booted into safe mode, but despite messing around with various kexts, everytime I tried to boot regularly the graphics were garbled like scramblevision.

So, this morning I reinstalled and updated to 10.6.2 instead of .3. Then I followed these instructions from the InsanelyMac forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1380825

Although I didn't use the Kext Helper b7 utility. I've only rebooted once and I used the -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes command, but it booted clean and with 1920x1080 rez. So looks like I might be good to go.

iam able to boot from nvidia bootcd (busratio=17 -v) but language selection screen blank when i press the blank area installation start the bar for preparing installation is not moving put after some minute i got installation screen press continue license writing come put there is now agree or disagree i only press location of agree installation continue (i format my disk use to guid )
after more than ten minute it show disk selection i press the disk green arrow come after more than 5 minute i press install installation start it take around one hour said installation on progress that 30 minute balance so i cancel installation please help i use most iboot(gtx285+intel+x22+new nvidia+ universal)not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back