GA-X58a-UD3r
CPU
2.83 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am having the same problem, but am using the retail disk.

I've confirmed all the correct BIOS and tried buring a few different copies of iboot on different machines.

I have gotten this drive to read the retail disc with Empire EFI but hit a brick wall with that workflow so started again with iBoot.

System Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 930
RAM: 4GB G.Skill 10666 @ 1333MHz
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
Retail Snow Leopard disc
OWC 40GB SSD

Any thoughts? I was able to get an install through Empire EFI. Got the kext for my Graphics Card loaded, but never fully working (OSX did recognize it tho), but when I updated Snow Leopard i could not boot up again.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help everyone. I've been tearing my hair out here for days, just trying different tutorials I have found online.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
jgurnari said:
I am having the same problem, but am using the retail disk.

I've confirmed all the correct BIOS and tried buring a few different copies of iboot on different machines.

I have gotten this drive to read the retail disc with Empire EFI but hit a brick wall with that workflow so started again with iBoot.

System Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 930
RAM: 4GB G.Skill 10666 @ 1333MHz
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
Retail Snow Leopard disc
OWC 40GB SSD

Any thoughts? I was able to get an install through Empire EFI. Got the kext for my Graphics Card loaded, but never fully working (OSX did recognize it tho), but when I updated Snow Leopard i could not boot up again.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help everyone. I've been tearing my hair out here for days, just trying different tutorials I have found online.
Try booting with iBoot legacy. Remember to F5 after inserting the disk. Worked for me.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
moshymoshy said:
The common fact about your 2 situations, is that you've copied the Install DVD to another disk.

Try again with an original.
Yep, totally agree. Even when a copied disk will come up normally on the desktop of a mac and will look like a proper install disk, it does not necessarily mean you can actually boot from it. (You'll see HFS warning and no mach_kernel found during -v)
Burn as slow as possible, or get a proper disk.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a similar problem iboot not seeing my retail os x dvd i bought yesterday. However; after I press f5 I get a bunch of ebios read errors. Sometimes I do not get the ebios read errors and the retail dvd shows up but when I hit enter or -x I get a kernel panic. I got all the bios settings rights. Not sure what I'm missing

Motherboard
Snow Leopard
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
evga gt 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Also having same problem with MSi R5770... I get the apple screen for one second when when trying to load installation in iBoot and then I get a black screen with my motherboard giving me a boot attempt error (FFh). If I try safe mode it does the same thing without the apple screen.

Help?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Okay guys so :

-It's not the problem of the disk you use... retail or copied
-The bios settings
-The hardware

You guys could take the advice of Freebooter

-Try using the Iboot legacy

If that doesn't works for you 2 maybe you should try another loader...

Just trying to help out here, cause I have a friend too that struggles with this...

Good luck guys

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
SOLVED this issue by changing my CD ROM drive. The drive I was using before was showing up as IDE HL-DT-ST CD ROM drive in my bios despite everything being changed to AHCI. Swapped the cables to another of my drives and ta-effing-da!