Contribute
Register

iboot f5 cant see snow leopard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same problem, but am using the retail disk.

I've confirmed all the correct BIOS and tried buring a few different copies of iboot on different machines.

I have gotten this drive to read the retail disc with Empire EFI but hit a brick wall with that workflow so started again with iBoot.

System Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 930
RAM: 4GB G.Skill 10666 @ 1333MHz
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
Retail Snow Leopard disc
OWC 40GB SSD

Any thoughts? I was able to get an install through Empire EFI. Got the kext for my Graphics Card loaded, but never fully working (OSX did recognize it tho), but when I updated Snow Leopard i could not boot up again.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help everyone. I've been tearing my hair out here for days, just trying different tutorials I have found online.

jgurnari said:
I am having the same problem, but am using the retail disk.

I've confirmed all the correct BIOS and tried buring a few different copies of iboot on different machines.

I have gotten this drive to read the retail disc with Empire EFI but hit a brick wall with that workflow so started again with iBoot.

System Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 930
RAM: 4GB G.Skill 10666 @ 1333MHz
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
Retail Snow Leopard disc
OWC 40GB SSD

Any thoughts? I was able to get an install through Empire EFI. Got the kext for my Graphics Card loaded, but never fully working (OSX did recognize it tho), but when I updated Snow Leopard i could not boot up again.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help everyone. I've been tearing my hair out here for days, just trying different tutorials I have found online.

Try booting with iBoot legacy. Remember to F5 after inserting the disk. Worked for me.

moshymoshy said:
The common fact about your 2 situations, is that you've copied the Install DVD to another disk.

Try again with an original.

Yep, totally agree. Even when a copied disk will come up normally on the desktop of a mac and will look like a proper install disk, it does not necessarily mean you can actually boot from it. (You'll see HFS warning and no mach_kernel found during -v)
Burn as slow as possible, or get a proper disk.

I have a similar problem iboot not seeing my retail os x dvd i bought yesterday. However; after I press f5 I get a bunch of ebios read errors. Sometimes I do not get the ebios read errors and the retail dvd shows up but when I hit enter or -x I get a kernel panic. I got all the bios settings rights. Not sure what I'm missing

Also having same problem with MSi R5770... I get the apple screen for one second when when trying to load installation in iBoot and then I get a black screen with my motherboard giving me a boot attempt error (FFh). If I try safe mode it does the same thing without the apple screen.

Help?

Okay guys so :

-It's not the problem of the disk you use... retail or copied
-The bios settings
-The hardware

You guys could take the advice of Freebooter

-Try using the Iboot legacy

If that doesn't works for you 2 maybe you should try another loader...

Just trying to help out here, cause I have a friend too that struggles with this...

Good luck guys

SOLVED this issue by changing my CD ROM drive. The drive I was using before was showing up as IDE HL-DT-ST CD ROM drive in my bios despite everything being changed to AHCI. Swapped the cables to another of my drives and ta-effing-da!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back