Graphics
Nvidia 540m GT optimus Intel HD3000, 1386x786
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I press f5, the screen refreshes but iboot doesn't recognize the snow leopard installation disk. Ive checked my bios and i have sata controller set to ACHI and cd/dvd drive set to first boot priorty.

please help

thanks

you guys are mad helpful thanks :banghead:

You need to be patient... people here don't reply right away with so many threads on the forums..

Anyway, is the DVD a retail disk?

I assume you are ejecting iBoot, placing the retail DVD on the tray. Waiting until the green activity light ends flashing then pressing F5?

i know im sorry, im just mad frustrated...green activity light? you mean the light on my dvd tray?

it blinks orange and i wait for it to stop before i press f5, i have 6gbs of ram in the computer, i didnt take it out yet but i dont think thats one of the reasons why it wont recognize the installation dvd

N_Apples said:
i know im sorry, im just mad frustrated...green activity light? you mean the light on my dvd tray?

it blinks orange and i wait for it to stop before i press f5, i have 6gbs of ram in the computer, i didnt take it out yet but i dont think thats one of the reasons why it wont recognize the installation dvd
Yes, he means the light on the DVD tray.

Also, MrShoot asked if you're using a retail version of OS X.

What brand is your DVD/CD-ROM?

its a dvd super multi, and its a copy of the retail disk burned on a dual layer dvd, my brother let me make a copy of his retail disk before he went back to college. He has a 13 inch macbook pro.

If it's the 'grey' disk that came with his Macbook, it won't work. It needs to be a boxed retail copy, the one with a picture of a Snow Leopard on the printed side of the disc.

And also please do install only with 4GB of RAM. Once it's finished you can put back however many ur MB supports

i copied the dvd that has the snow leopard printed on it. so i know its the right disk..i burned the dmg file with power iso to a dual layer disk...i dunno what i could be doing wrong, thanks for the help

Same problem guys :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back