Contribute
Register

i9-9900k - Asus Prime z390-a, Rx580 8gb, Mojave 10.14.2 - a Desperate’s Man diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but without the kext I can't use my files for video editing cause the drives will let only to read and not to write. Nevermind I will find a solution w/o the need of paragon software. Last question is about IGPU.. enabled or disabled with the clover settings you gave me?

P.S. I was looking gigabyte z390 designare.. if I don't find a solution maybe I'll give it a try... I have spend already so much without success. I red that it provides 2x thunderbolt 3 connections. Do you have test them? Im thinking seriously to buy a drobo 5d3 (thunderbolt 3) to use it for safety also for video/photo editing cause its fast and provides 600mb/s with a raid 5.

Ok but without the kext I can't use my files for video editing cause the drives will let only to read and not to write. Nevermind I will find a solution w/o the need of paragon software. Last question is about IGPU.. enabled or disabled with the clover settings you gave me?

P.S. I was looking gigabyte z390 designare.. if I don't find a solution maybe I'll give it a try... I have spend already so much without success. I red that it provides 2x thunderbolt 3 connections. Do you have test them? Im thinking seriously to buy a drobo 5d3 (thunderbolt 3) to use it for safety also for video/photo editing cause its fast and provides 600mb/s with a raid 5.
Onboard iGPU is enabled in headless mode. It will not drive a display monitor, but it will be used in Quick Sync, HEVC, H.264, Quick Look, etc.

Also, no need to delete the NTFS kexts yet. If my modified CLOVER folder does not help, only then it would be worth removing the NTFS kexts (temporarily).

The Designare Z390 has Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controller. Titan Ridge is the latest controller from Intel. If you follow the build guide, you will get full hot plug capability over both TB3 ports. But like all Hackintoshes so far, we do not get Thunderbolt Local Node, so you cannot connect two Macs together over Thunderbolt. But you can connect virtually all TB2 and TB3 devices (but not TB1).

There's a Thunderbolt 3 Experiences section in the build guide that lists some of the tested/confirmed devices.

Last edited:
  • Remove Clover iGPU injection and replaced with WhateverGreen injection in Devices --> Properties.
    • Platform ID = 0x3E980003 for headless 9th-Gen CPU. Only compatible with 10.14.4 and newer.
    • No "device-id" because 10.14.4 natively supports 0x3E98.
I have a question related to this information. However, since it's a different topic I will start a new thread. Please have a look at it :)

Best,
-a-

Last edited:
Onboard iGPU is enabled in headless mode. It will not drive a display monitor, but it will be used in Quick Sync, HEVC, H.264, Quick Look, etc.

Also, no need to delete the NTFS kexts yet. If my modified CLOVER folder does not help, only then it would be worth removing the NTFS kexts (temporarily).

The Designare Z390 has Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controller. Titan Ridge is the latest controller from Intel. If you follow the build guide, you will get full hot plug capability over both TB3 ports. But like all Hackintoshes so far, we do not get Thunderbolt Local Node, so you cannot connect two Macs together over Thunderbolt. But you can connect virtually all TB2 and TB3 devices (but not TB1).

There's a Thunderbolt 3 Experiences section in the build guide that lists some of the tested/confirmed devices.
Unfortunately I still have random freezes... why is this happening? I have tried almost everything damn it...!

I will remove the paragon soft including the kext and I will update soon.

Unfortunately I still have random freezes... why is this happening? I have tried almost everything damn it...!

I will remove the paragon soft including the kext and I will update soon.
Just another wild idea: Have you run Disk Drill (there's a free version) or Drive Genius to check the health of your NVMe SSDs?

Just another wild idea: Have you run Disk Drill (there's a free version) or Drive Genius to check the health of your NVMe SSDs?
No, nvme is 2 months old.. be4 that I was using 850 evo which also was giving me freezes in both 10.13.6 and 10.14.
After all of these changes I was sure that my issue is connected somehow with the voltage and then I bought a new Corsair rm850x gold psu... same day I put it on had already 2 freezes. I don't know what else to do.. my mind goes to ram and maybe to my cooler kraken x62... if I was sure that designare would solve my problem then I would do the jump immediately... but I think it won't cause there are ppl with same asus boards w/o freezes.

No, nvme is 2 months old.. be4 that I was using 850 evo which also was giving me freezes in both 10.13.6 and 10.14.
After all of these changes I was sure that my issue is connected somehow with the voltage and then I bought a new Corsair rm850x gold psu... same day I put it on had already 2 freezes. I don't know what else to do.. my mind goes to ram and maybe to my cooler kraken x62... if I was sure that designare would solve my problem then I would do the jump immediately... but I think it won't cause there are ppl with same asus boards w/o freezes.
P.S. Im thinking to make a fresh installation and capture the whole process with my canon cinema camera as a documentary and upload it to the web asking for help... at the end of the video I would yell "Im not going back to windows no matter what"!! lol

P.S. Im thinking to make a fresh installation and capture the whole process with my canon cinema camera as a documentary and upload it to the web asking for help... at the end of the video I would yell "Im not going back to windows no matter what"!! lol
It is always advisable to do a fresh install on a spare disk and with just the bare necessities. No Windows drives, no NTFS stuff, no PCIe cards except dGPU and Broadcom WiFi/BT. After installation, let it run in this bare state for a couple of days to establish a baseline. If it still crashes, burn it. :)

I will do it soon and Im sure that I will have to burn it at the end.. Im sure!
Report soon and screenshots attached..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back