CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone.
I come here today as a last resort.
I am trying to get Sierra working nicely on my PC but this has been quite a handful issue.
This is my build today:
MoBo: Asrock H170 Pro4
CPU: i7 6700 (non-K)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial - Single Channel
Graphics: 2GB AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
HDDs: 1TB Seagate | 2TB WD Caviar Green
SSDs: 120GB Corsair Force 3 (Windows 10 already installed) | 120GB Kingston HyperX (Sierra already installed)

The problem:
I am only able to install Sierra if I boot using -x, otherwise I get the message:
"WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x5e -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported"
Then 4 lines of ACPI stuff and:
"AppleIntelPCHPMC: :publishedIOPPF - return false"
And it gets stuck there.

I searched for a sollution. I swear I did. I am desperate.
I don't know what to do. Can someone please tell me what I have to do to get this to work?
Down below is a picture of the error.
Thank you for your attention.
WhatsApp Image 2016-12-23 at 7.53.29 PM.jpeg

Anyone? Please!

What are your BIOS/UEFI settings? Any changes you made there? Had you followed any set of instructions to set up your BIOS/UEFI?? Because, I think this thing happens with inappropriate BIOS settings.

Thank you for responding.
I have:
Vt-d disabled
SATA mode set to Ahci
Serial port enabled
Legacy USB support enabled
Xhci hand-off enabled
Secure boot disabled
Csm disabled.

Do you see any problem?

Thank you for responding.
I have:
Vt-d disabled
SATA mode set to Ahci
Serial port enabled
Legacy USB support enabled
Xhci hand-off enabled
Secure boot disabled
Csm disabled.

Do you see any problem?

Disable Seerial Port

BIOS/UEFI

1. Disable Fast Boot. You can enable it after installation is completed.

2. Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS

3. In Secure Boot, Attempt Secure Boot = Disable

4.In Peripherals, Initial Display Output= IGFX, In super IO Configuration, Serial Port = Disable, In USB Configuration, XHCI Hands-off = Enabled, In SATA and RST Configuration, SATA Mode Selection = AHCI.

5. In Chipset, VT-d = Disabled, Internal Graphics = Auto, DVMT Preallocated = 128M, DMVT Total Gfx Mem = MAX.

Save and Exit.

I wish I could help you, but I have a different MoBo (though I have same processor i7 6700 non k), in my case it just runs the installer without any problems.

I would make sure my config.plist is good, it could be the graphics card (but I'm not sure), as I had a bad config.plist and because of the graphics card I wasn't able to boot the installer, if you want I can send you the config.plist of the AMD cards.

Only thing I need to know is if your card is AMD legacy or AMD GCN (I think is this one).

As I said, if you wanna try, I can upload the file for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back