Contribute
Register

i7 3930K LGA 2011 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext you have no PM - so once again did you try enable PM ?

Can you please elaborate what you mean by PowerManagement? Is it related to Lion or the Bios?

simply NullCPUPowerManagement.kext disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext so forget about speedstep and etc. your CPU will have highest power draw, so coolers will produce noise and so on.

Thanks, I did some testing without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and unfortunately i get an instant reset after the chameleon bootloader.

maffel said:
Thanks, I did some testing without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and unfortunately i get an instant reset after the chameleon bootloader.
If you don't mind - give me your clean DSDT, i'll do some edits and send it back to you for another test without NullCPU.

XLR said:
maffel said:
If you don't mind - give me your clean DSDT, i'll do some edits and send it back to you for another test without NullCPU.

I've attached an archive with the file in it. I'm far from experienced with dsdt editing, but i used the following method: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=35559 to extract the information and i saved in plain file. I hope it helps. And thanks by the way!

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    27 KB · Views: 93
Try this one: dsdt_maffel.zip

(remove nullcpu, rebuild extra mkext, and add "generate p-states and c-states" to boot.plist)

Attachments

• dsdt_maffel.zip
    14 KB · Views: 106
maffel said:

reset or kernel panic ?

XLR said:
Try this one: dsdt_maffel.zip

(remove nullcpu, rebuild extra mkext, and add "generate p-states and c-states" to boot.plist)
Thanks!
With the dsdt i get a reset almost immediately (like i did before). There are no records of any kernel panics in /Library/logs/DiagnosticReports

4D3K said:
maffel said:

reset or kernel panic ?
There are no records of any kernel panics in /Library/logs/DiagnosticReports so a reset is my best guess.

What version of Lion are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back