Contribute
Register

i7 3770k, z77, HD 7950 build. Compatibility & advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13
CPU
Core i5 2.4GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

This is my first computer build whatsoever, so it's not only my first Hackintosh. I am wondering if all the parts are compatible (I checked several links, they were all correct, but just in case).

I am also wondering what would be a better CPU cooler or PSU than the ones I mentioned because those are the parts I am not too sure about.

ANY advice whatsoever is appreciated! Thank you for your time!

Partslist:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GjTP

Hello!

This is my first computer build whatsoever, so it's not only my first Hackintosh. I am wondering if all the parts are compatible (I checked several links, they were all correct, but just in case).

I am also wondering what would be a better CPU cooler or PSU than the ones I mentioned because those are the parts I am not too sure about.

ANY advice whatsoever is appreciated! Thank you for your time!

Partslist:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GjTP

If you are building for the first time, I suggest using a Gigabyte motherboard such as the GA-Z77X-UD5H.

The 7950 graphics card is not supported. Switch to a Nvidia card such as a Nvidia GTX660Ti / 670 / 680.

I have read that you can install 10.8.2 using the built in HD3000 or 4000 graphics, then install the 10.8.3 beta update and plug in your 7950. Then it should work. At least, I read about somebody on ****** doing that successfully.

I have Corsair H60. It was cheap, easy to install and efficient. I´m buying gtx660 if there is no 100% sure info about R7950.

I decided to ditch the 7950 and go with a GTX 670 instead, since it's a lot simpler.

I changed a lot of things, like the CPU cooler and case.

I also added a 64GB boot SSD for OS X and a 128GB boot SSD for Windows 7. There is a 1TB HDD for storage, but I want to be able to partition it in half (500/500) for each OS. Would that be possible? Is there a guide for it?

Thank you.

Partslist: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ICvg

partitioning the drive is very simple and you can do it in either of the OS's. (disk utility might be easier?) 1.go into disk utility and select your drive make sure you select the drive model name and not the name you have given the drive. 2. click the partition tab and click the drop down menu that says current. 3.click 2 partitions. 4. on the graphic, you should see the white block seperate into two white blocks. 5. make sure each partition is the size you want by clicking on the partition graphics and in the size bar it should say how big it is. 6. choose your formatting for the partitions (if your not sure check out the unibeast 10.8 guide). as for a good cpu cooler, I run a h80i. average idle temps at idle are 16 degrees celcius :thumbup: hope all that helps

With 10.8.5, somebody knows if HD 7950 is supported ?

If you are building for the first time, I suggest using a Gigabyte motherboard such as the GA-Z77X-UD5H.

The 7950 graphics card is not supported. Switch to a Nvidia card such as a Nvidia GTX660Ti / 670 / 680.
what about 690? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back