Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
touchmac-series 7 slate
CPU
i5-1.5ghz
Graphics
4000 intel hd
Winter is coming.

Got this in today and I am excited to get this started. Hopefully we (the community) can figure this coffee lake out.

I am going to do a SIERRA install first using unibeast to see if I can get this to boot. My guess is I will have to spoof this CPU to a skylake to get this to work. But I will let you know.

If anyone has any input; lets get rolling.

SPECS:

PROC: i5-8400 6 core
MOBO: Gigabyte z370 HD3P
RAM: 16GB 2400mhz
STORAGE: m.2 drive 256GB
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI
SOUND ALC 1220

Last edited by a moderator:
I been thinking of building one too. Cant wait to see how it goes.

@freshness1: Did it work?? I have tried the same processor and mobo but got stuck up in the screen with the apple logo.

Check out this link. I use it on Asus Rog Strix-i with Sapphire Radeon Vega 56 ,i58400 and it's working. No system sound but thru HDMI from Vega ootb( 10.13 high Sierra )
Also NVME supported ootb so no need for nvme patches .

Last edited:
i wonder if there is any update to this. Ive seen success coffelake builds but im interested in this config cos its similar to what i plan to get, just with a gtx 970
Just create a USB by following this guide. I use this guy EFI folder on the usb and everything went fine to me.I just had to format my new m2 960Evo ( I choose apfs ) using the terminal, cos installer didn't see it.
In the mean time I manage to fix system sound also . I build ALC with LILU . Thanks vit9696 !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a same mb , how to enable ALC 1220 sound card? please give me some advice

Sorry to revive an old thread however I cannot send a PM...

freshness1 - Would you be able to link your config plist / help me create mine?

I am also using an i5 8400 and Gigabyte HD3P. I'm having a lot of trouble getting my machine working and I basically have no understanding of config.plist . I believe this is my mistake. Thank you
[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back