Contribute
Register

I3 9100 UHD + Rx 580 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok stop mentioning and using the iGPU forever. your best bet is on the RX580 with lilu and WEG as you do not understand the topic of editing the clover config. just make sure that the iGPU is disabled in BIOS and your RX580 is set as primary.
install clover to your boot drive-hard drive
use the EFI i uploaded for you and let us know
and if i ask you 3 questions please answer 3 and not only randomly selected 2 of them

Last edited:
This first link is to a similar successful Mojave build, although ITX:

Another with a different GPU:

Another:

References to a BIOS upgrade/Downgrade:

A search shows there is much more.

1 : Here he is using a Display port to the RX 580, that I don't have at the moment, I am thinking about buying one to try that to
2: on this one I get to this part 5. Use custom FB patch in this post to make Intel UHD 630 work. that doesn't work for me, when I do all those steps and restart, I get a black screen with that configuration
3: I see there that he is talking about bios version 1.6, I have version P4.4, I tried every sugestion in this guide to, he is to sending me to use the FB patch (hackintool) that I tried already without success
4: The same, I have bios p4.4

ok stop mentioning and using the iGPU forever. your best bet is on the RX580 with lilu and WEG as you do not understand the topic of editing the clover config. just make sure that the iGPU is disabled in BIOS and your RX580 is set as primary.
install clover to your boot drive-hard drive
use the EFI i uploaded for you and let us know
and if i ask you 3 questions please answer 3 and not only randomly selected 2 of them
I am sorry for not replying to the 3rd question, my screen is not turned, I just made a photo with my phone on the wrong side. Of couse, I am trying it right now.

1 : Here he is using a Display port to the RX 580, that I don't have at the moment, I am thinking about buying one to try that to
2: on this one I get to this part 5. Use custom FB patch in this post to make Intel UHD 630 work. that doesn't work for me, when I do all those steps and restart, I get a black screen with that configuration
3: I see there that he is talking about bios version 1.6, I have version P4.4, I tried every sugestion in this guide to, he is to sending me to use the FB patch (hackintool) that I tried already without success
4: The same, I have bios p4.4

Please just connect the monitor to the RX580 with HDMI and boot your PC in Verbose mode. When it sticks you can just take a photo of the screen so we can see where the problem is. To use Verbose mode press the SpaceBar at the Clover menu and select it ( also -v as a boot option works).

Also upload the latest EFI folder you are using.

Please just connect the monitor to the RX580 with HDMI and boot your PC in Verbose mode. When it sticks you can just take a photo of the screen so we can see where the problem is. To use Verbose mode press the SpaceBar at the Clover menu and select it ( also -v as a boot option works).

Also upload the latest EFI folder you are using.
This is my current Efi folder, I am trying now your instructions.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 40
I have made a few edits to yoiur config.plist and have removed inject Intel in your config.plist. Now just follow @UtterDisbelief suggestions.
You should remove either AptioMemoryfix.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, they shouldn't be used together.
Also consider adding AppleALC.kext and USBInjectAll.kext to other folder, for working audio and usb.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 50
we wont get anywhere if you will keep messing with the HD630
Not strictly true, I have both enabled for vda decoder, but that doesn't involve graphics injection in config.plit.

Remove the EFI sub-folder /Drivers64UEFI completely. You are running Clover 5102, it uses the new layout already in place - drivers/UEFI. This is a conflict.

Even in drivers/UEFI you have 2x memory fix drivers (red):

Mem.png

... suggest you remove one, test, if that doesn't work try the other.

You also have 2x APFS driver loaders (green). Suggest you remove one, preferably the apfs.efl.

config.plist needs the modifications @Big-W suggests. The port-limit patch will depend on the Mojave point version you are using, but it certainly isn't the one line you have.

As @theruck suggests, steer clear of the motherboard VGA and iGPU. It's there but don't use it 'headless' (if you are familiar with that) or otherwise until you are up and running.

Going on the screengrab you gave us in post #13 you probably have FakeSMC.kext installed in Library/Extensions. However you also have VirtualSMC.kext installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. If this is true, then this too is a big conflict. Suggest you remove from Library/Extensions and properly rebuild kext-caches before rebooting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back