Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170xp-sli
CPU
intel 15 6600k
Graphics
gtx 1060
hi there I'm kyle i recently brought a pound pc with 2 ssds and 2 tb hdds. i installed uefi mac osx sierra on 1 ssd and i got to the install screen and got into the osx and go onto multi beast did all my things then booted from my other ssd and put windows 10 on it and didn't go back to mac osx as i assumed it was working however now i go to the mac ssd and it takes me to the clover boot loader but when i boot in it freezes on loading bit with apple logo. then i went to windows and removed the rest of the ssd data but its oft with efi 200mb reserved thing but i then deleted the other data and now it says unallocated space on the mac osx ssd because i was hoping i could reinstall mac on the mac ssd but no hope. my windows 10 still works on my other ssd but mac doesn't work on the other ssd as obviously is messed up because i deleted all the data apart from the efi partition bit that i can't. all i wanted to do was have mac osx on 1 ssd and windows on the other then go to bios and change between ssds

ps SORRY ABOUT MY SPELLING
my specs

gtx 1060 gigabyte
gigabyte z170xp-sli
8gb hyper fury x ram ddr4
i5 6600k
2 x drevo ssd

i already haves windows 10 installed from a disc
Then skip the Windows part and go to the Mac OS part.

Run msinfo32 to find out whether Windows is installed Legacy BIOS or UEFI mode.

The only difference it makes is whether you install Clover boot loader in UEFI or Legacy mode.

Then skip the Windows part and go to the Mac OS part.

Run msinfo32 to find out whether Windows is installed Legacy BIOS or UEFI mode.

The only difference it makes is whether you install Clover boot loader in UEFI or Legacy mode.
my windows is legacy but my motherboard is uefi

my windows is legacy but my motherboard is uefi[/QU
upload_2017-8-26_12-40-40.png

i want to have mac on disk 0 (ssd 1) and windows is already on disk 1 (ssd 2) and hdd for storage

You need to decide whether you want to boot both Windows and MacOS in legacy or UEFI mode. If you want UEFI then you'll need to reinstall Windows UEFI. If you want legacy create a legacy Unibeast USB installer. Install macOS and then set it first in the boot order in the BIOS.

You posted this in High Sierra desktop support. Are you actually trying to install that or just Sierra ?

You need to decide whether you want to boot both Windows and MacOS in legacy or UEFI mode. If you want UEFI then you'll need to reinstall Windows UEFI. If you want legacy create a legacy Unibeast USB installer. Install macOS and then set it first in the boot order in the BIOS.

You posted this in High Sierra desktop support. Are you actually trying to install that or just Sierra ?
can i not have legacy windows on one ssd and uefi on the other? and just change boot device evrytime in bios or not? thats my main question

It's your choice. In that situation I would want to have both installed UEFI. Then you can select which OS to boot into from the Clover bootloader screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back