Contribute
Register

I select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar but when I reboot the pc, it return to default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock z87 pro 3
CPU
Intel core I5 4690k
Graphics
ASUS Geforce GTX 970
Hello.

Before all: Yes I read the guide of solutions for this problem:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I tried to do all that this guide says, but anything works, now the situation is seriously, because (I don't know why) when I add the boot flag nvda_drv=1, my video card won't start and I see all black, but following the guide I installed something by clover that in all reboots add the flag "nvda_drv=1", in fact, now to start the pc I had to add the flag "nv_disable=1".

Please, please.. SOMEONE HELP ME...
I tried to do all that says me the web...

My pc:

MotherBoard: ASRock z87 pro 3
Processor: Intel core I5 4690k
Graphic card: ASUS Geforce GTX 970
RAM: 2 x 4gb Vengeance DDR3

Last edited:
"Boot to black screen" is usually a sign that the drivers are loading, otherwise you'd be booting to an unaccelerated desktop.
There are two popular reasons for this behavior:
  1. You've enabled Inject / Nvidia when you shouldn't
  2. You're using an unsupported SMBIOS

"Boot to black screen" is usually a sign that the drivers are loading, otherwise you'd be booting to an unaccelerated desktop.
There are two popular reasons for this behavior:
  1. You've enabled Inject / Nvidia when you shouldn't
  2. You're using an unsupported SMBIOS

Probably the first: I've enabled Inject / Nvidia when I shouldn't
How can I fix it?

Verify in your config.plist that Inject / Nvidia is actually set to "true", then set it to "false".

I searched it using the tool search, and I haven't found anything. What have I to do?

(A second question that I don't know if you know how to fix, I followed the guide for fix this problem "link above" and now the boot loader isn't unibeast but Clover, and it automatically add the flag nvda_drv=1. How can I delete it? I already tried to reopen clover and reinstall it removing all the changes that the guide tells me, and reinstall the boot loader of UniBeast)

I searched it using the tool search, and I haven't found anything. What have I to do?

(A second question that I don't know if you know how to fix, I followed the guide for fix this problem "link above" and now the boot loader isn't unibeast but Clover, and it automatically add the flag nvda_drv=1. How can I delete it? I already tried to reopen clover and reinstall it removing all the changes that the guide tells me, and reinstall the boot loader of UniBeast)

Use Clover Configurator to mount you EFI partition. Open the config.plist located at EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. Select the graphics tab on the left and uncheck the box next to Inject Nvidia and save.

Unibeast uses Clover so I am not sure what you are trying to do. Multibeast is the post installation tool and it installs Clover to the EFI partition of the drive where OS X is installed.

1) in the clover configuration there is anything like EFI partition. (Where have I to go?)
2) I didn't found the folder EFI/EFI/CLOVER, I went to my hdd and I searched CLOVER, I found the clover folder, and inside there was config.plist. (Tell me if I am doing something wrong).
Config.plist:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key> (HERE I CHANGED BY TRUE TO FALSE)
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

3) I know that unibeast uses clover, but before that I followed that guide, I had the boot loader of unibeast (With the apple image), now I have the boot loader of Clover, " white and with the clover image".

Thank you for helping me.

hmm, by searching clover, I found many clover folder, that are in hdd/EFI-Backups.

Where is the folder EFI?

I want to erase the hdd and do the installation by 0, can you explain me, when and how I have to download and install the video drivers?

I want to erase the hdd and do the installation by 0, can you explain me, when and how I have to download and install the video drivers?

Clover is installed to a hidden partition called EFI. It is the first partition on the driver where your OS X install is. You must mount that and you can use Clover Configurator to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back