Motherboard
HP Envy X360 15m-CN00xx
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all, I am dissapointed that the 2012 customac guide does not include more video cards that are supported in Mountain Lion, leaving us to scramble to find a GPU that fill the gap. I need a mid range performance card that is supported out of the box in ML. I don't want to pay $300 for a card as much as I would like to get the GTX 660 ti, I do not game that much or do much video editing. please recommend something $200 or below that has good enoughperformance and support 3 monitors or should I just get an HD 6870 and consider the matter resolved?

They probably wouldn't perform as well as the 6870, but the GeForce 640 and 650 are both very hassle-free in terms of oob support and can drive three monitors at once.

Thanks to all who posted, i will look into a 6870 or wait to see if i can get a GTX 660 (OEM)

I second this, as I would really like to upgrade to 2 monitors for photo editing. I don't need any real GPU performance benefits at all, as I don't game and hardly edit video, but I want to support dual monitors. Will the cheapo 210 work on Mountain Lion? More generally, are graphics cards that are compatible with SL and Lion still compatible with ML, or is it mostly hit or miss?

I second this, as I would really like to upgrade to 2 monitors for photo editing. I don't need any real GPU performance benefits at all, as I don't game and hardly edit video, but I want to support dual monitors. Will the cheapo 210 work on Mountain Lion? More generally, are graphics cards that are compatible with SL and Lion still compatible with ML, or is it mostly hit or miss?

Yes, the 210 works out of the box with ML. I am using it to drive a 27" Catleap (essentially a cinema display) at 2560x1440. It's underpowered, but does get the job done.

please can you post benchmark for the ASUS 5870 please

I bought A Nvidia GTX 660 (oem) on craigslist and it works OOB with no issues now my sleep works, its been a while.

I want also buy new graphics card..I already have MB Gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3 rev.1.3, 8GB RAM and Intel i5-2500k. I sometimes play games, but in most case just minecraft :D Id like to buy card, which will be working OOB. I found EVGA GeForce GTX650 Ti (2GB DDR5 (5400MHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 Ti (928MHz), PCIe x16, SLi, 128bit, 2x DVI, miniHDMI). Will be good for hackintosh build?

Or maybe GIGABYTE N650TOC-1GI (1GB DDR5 (5400MHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 Ti (1032MHz), PCIe x16, SLi, 128bit, 2xDVI, HDMI)?

Yes, the 210 works out of the box with ML. I am using it to drive a 27" Catleap (essentially a cinema display) at 2560x1440. It's underpowered, but does get the job done.

I have a GA 210 card and it works but my boot time went from 15 seconds to 4 minutes. Did you run into anything like this?

GA-H77N-WIFI, GIGABYTE GeForce 210 Silent, Corsair XMS3 8 GB, Intel Core i3-3225, Muskin Chronos sata 3 ssd
I know this is an old post but I'll try it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back