Contribute
Register

I Can't Get No Sleep - Literally! - GA-x58a-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have this same issue. I hear it mostly when I use Plex, full screen and then the psu starts getting gnarly sounds like a rat is inside trying to get out by scratching the walls. It's kinda scary.

My sleep seems to be working fine but I use chrome, so I won't ever be able to use it since chrome doesn't let the damn thing sleep. Without chrome everything is working except USB 3.0 and audio is not perfect. When I use plex, it can't use the digital output 5.1 and movist doesn't auto detect it. VLC works fine.

all faulty PSU's
In my case, the noise was more strong when GPU was needed. Something in GPU power line.
This is a well know problem of Corsairs TX 750 PSU's i think thats why they made the V2.
I guess other brands have the same problem.

It seems we have gone a bit off topic here so without further to do... I still cannot get my system to sleep. The system shuts down/sleeps and reboots/wakes instantly.
:banghead:

After a few bad installations using MB 5.0.2 and non-booting configurations, I have put my hack on a diet and after yet another fresh install everything is ticking with just the mere basics.

Bootloader, User DSDT, ALC988 and Lnx2Mac Ethernet.

did you try patch AppleRTC.kext? your symptoms point to appleRTC problem

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Very Important:
Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast.
Rebuild cache with Kext Wizard.

this solve the sleep problem for most boards. and for sure on GA-x58a-UD3R

Using MB 5.0.2 I no longer have the CMOS reset. One issue resolved. :)

seems like energy problem.
try to remove all usb's and make sure you are using only the first PCI-E 16x.
I know some users had problems when using the second PCI-E 8x

I have nothing plugged in, all PCI cards have been removed, I am back to minimum from the installation phase. The Graphics card is in PCI-E 16x. I even double checked the manual to be 100% sure although I was 99% sure myself.

I use Kext Wizard. Very nice software, you can rebuild cache and do some other things like repair permission.

Forgot to tell you to rebuild cache after run patch

I did this with the script above and nothing. I have also used Kext Wizard to rebuild cache after installations.

Note: i dont use Network Internal Card, i have one PCI-E from Intel that use vanilla kext. I know Multibeast Kexts to realtek Network cards use to give problems on sleep (normally auto-sleep)

I good test is to try load only vanilla kexts, and test the sleep.

This will be my next test.

@lisapower - Seems you more than you would gain to do this?

I came close to dropping it out the window tonight, specially when it kept going into kernel panic :-X

yes its works 100% perfect
My system auto sleep 5 to 10 times a day and next i can shutdown without any cmos reset or other strange things.
"it just works"
Envy..... :sick:

Note: i dont use Network Internal Card, i have one PCI-E from Intel that use vanilla kext. I know Multibeast Kexts to realtek Network cards use to give problems on sleep (normally auto-sleep)

I good test is to try load only vanilla kexts, and test the sleep.

This will be my next test.

Didn't work. Deleted all the networks, removed the bluetooth too as I had forgot but still no dice.

What have I missed? o_O

Didn't work. Deleted all the networks, removed the bluetooth too as I had forgot but still no dice.

What have I missed? o_O

I had the same issue with my x58 mobo where system would wake up instantly after sleep (not reboot, wake from sleep after 1-5 seconds).

As I was trying to clean my Lion upgrade to ML I decided to wipe all modified and extra kexts (from Lion and MB 4)plus the Extra folder to reapply MB 5.0.2

Although my system was booting, there was no spinning wheel at the bootscreen and boot was long....

Rebooted with -v and noticed a big delay during the [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGINS] phase.

MB 5.0.2 stopped including the npci flag and I know I had to use it in Lion for my system to boot.

I added npci=0x3000 to my boot.plist in extra and voila: Spinning wheel back while booting, booting time divided by 2 but most important, Sleep works flawlessly.

I never was able to tell what this flag does exactly nor its repercussions on the system for tonymac to remove it from MB 5.xx but it solved my sleep issue!

Anyone knows what this flag does and why it was removed from MB 5.x?

Look here: post Nr.23 and Nr. 25 http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65057-article-chimera-1-11-1-update-3.html#post416382

by the way.
I have npci=0x3000 since lion 10.7.0, and i have the sleep/wake problem on ML too. So i don't think that npci=0x3000 fixes the sleep issue.

and maybe this is helpful, i found this on a forum.

darkwake=0
The DarkWake feature in Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion allows you to wake up certain parts of your Mac from sleep, while leaving other parts in sleep mode. Unfortunately, this feature often messes up sleep on Hackintoshes. Enter this bootflag to turn it off (enter darkwake=1 to turn it on, if turning it off doesn't do the trick). Additionally, if your verbose bootup is freezing at a bunch of commands that mention "SleepEnabler.kext", entering darkwake=0 should be able to turn SleepEnabler.kext off. (Once you boot into OS X, be sure to remove SleepEnabler.kext completely by deleting it from either /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions in your hard drive.)

Look here: post Nr.23 and Nr. 25 http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65057-article-chimera-1-11-1-update-3.html#post416382

by the way.
I have npci=0x3000 since lion 10.7.0, and i have the sleep/wake problem on ML to. So i don't think that npci=0x3000 fixes the sleep issue.

You are right...It worked once when I booted with npci=0x3000 as a flag at chimera screen. Then I added it in my boot.plist, restarted and the problem reappeared...:/

Weird it worked at this session only...On the thread you linked, someone said chimera 1.11 has a wake issue and fixed it by reverting to 1.10. Im too tired to try it now but what version of chimera do you use? have you tried downgrading it?

You are right...It worked once when I booted with npci=0x3000 as a flag at chimera screen. Then I added it in my boot.plist, restarted and the problem reappeared...:/

Weird it worked at this session only...On the thread you linked, someone said chimera 1.11 has a wake issue and fixed it by reverting to 1.10. Im too tired to try it now but what version of chimera do you use? have you tried downgrading it?

Yep, i have downgraded to 1.10 but with no luck, same happened.

I m going to share my smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.
I m not using darkwake or npci.
darkwake wont make any difference on my system. I remember the fist time i saw this flag was to fix the 2 click to wake on lion.
Darkwake its a "middle" energy stage that make possible to wake a pc on lan without turning display on (darkwake) .

Can you post your multi beast settings?

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    468 bytes · Views: 290
  • org.chameleon.boot.plist
    669 bytes · Views: 328
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back