Contribute
Register

I Can't Get No Sleep - Literally! - GA-x58a-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done messing with AppleRTC. Other versions just give me panics and hung boots. I don't use Chrome so I don't think that's the issue. I installed PleaseSleep and didn't work as well. I'm thinking I may need to wait for Multibeast 5 for a fix.

Some times hackintosh can be very frustrating.

Just to clarify, my last reply was only about Auto-sleep. If your sleep wont work, forget auto-sleep.
And the Chrome was only an example... you miss the point :)

I'm done messing with AppleRTC. Other versions just give me panics and hung boots. I don't use Chrome so I don't think that's the issue. I installed PleaseSleep and didn't work as well. I'm thinking I may need to wait for Multibeast 5 for a fix.

me too, i use Safari and a External Audio interface, so i don't think this is the problem.

for me the issue goes deeper like:
H/W States or Voltage.

by the way, this is what i got when Safari is Open:

Last login: Wed Aug 8 19:45:41 on console
bla bla bla bla-Mac-Pro:~ bla bla bla bla$ pmset -g
Active Profiles:
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
hibernatemode 0
womp 0
networkoversleep 0
sleep 0 (sleep prevented by 217, 217, 217)
powerbutton 1
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
autorestart 0
disksleep 10
displaysleep 0

in my case type this command on terminal
ps -ef |grep -e 217

Mac-Pro:~$ ps -ef |grep -e 217
501 217 216 0 7:49pm ?? 11:45.97 /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/WebProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/WebProcess /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/WebKit2 -type webprocess -servicename com.apple.WebKit.WebProcess-216-0x10fdc91b8 -localization de_DE
501 723 701 0 10:56pm ttys000 0:00.00 grep -e 217

This is with all Apps closed:

Active Profiles:
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
hibernatemode 0
womp 0
networkoversleep 0
sleep 0
powerbutton 1
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
autorestart 0
disksleep 10
displaysleep 0

How can i get displaysleep from 0 to 1? ? ? i think this is why i need always two reboot attempts till i reach ML Desktop.

Had a bit of time away from this project and as the new Multibeast is just around the corner, I will try a clean install with that when it comes and get this sleep issue sorted.

UPDATE: 14.08.2012

OK, i have Good News & Bad News

Since ML was released i have try to find the issue for the nVidia Problems. Now i can confirm definitive:
Replacing "GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle" with those from 10.7.4 & repair permissions (very important) works!

Good News:
I have now:

Turning Off/On Monitor: - Works! - No Blue/White Screen anymore.
SleepEnabler Sleep/Wake: - Works! - No freezed Window anymore. (Do not Overclock your Machine, otherwise your Machine will not wake up back, but crash and CMOS will reset). Important is that the BCLK is set to default. in my case the BCLK is 133.
Youtube: - Works! Fullscreen & back, no problem
Justin.tv: - Works! Fullscreen & back, no problem

Bad News:
i have now:

OpenGL is not supported: - That means most of all Apps or Games are not running.
iTunes Visualizer: - Not Working
VLC Player: - Not Working! - Following message appear by opening a video "OpenGL is not supported"
Games: - Not Working! - Black Screen or crash back to desktop. (All Games)

So, what we have learned now: - This is a Driver issue!

1. That it's very important that the System runs with "default" BCLK, (in my case 133), otherwise your System will not wake up back, but "crash & CMOS will reset".
(that had nothing to do with 10.7.4 "GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle" the "crash & CMOS reset" also happens with the original ML ""GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle", so remember to set BCLK in Bios to default. to prevent "Crash & CMOS issue".

2. That the "GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle 10.7.4" fixes the Turning Off/On Monitor Issue.
3. That the "GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle 10.7.4" fixes SleepEnabler Sleep/Wake is issue.

In other words, the "Blue/White screen & SleepEnabler" issue is solved now, but there is no "OpenGL", and we know, "OpenGL is really needed"

So now we need someone with magic hands to get inside either "GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle from 10.7.4" and activate "OpenGL". Then we are able to replace those with the Mountain Lion one's, and it will work.

Only to let you know:
What is also have noticed, is that i Need to overclock my Hackintosh. if i Run my system with BCLK 133 (default) i got a very strange noise from my Hackintosh. This is not the case if i overclock and run with BCLK 150. So if i want or not, finally i need to run overcklocked to get rid of the noise.

I'm really looking forward for some help, as here my powers end, i'm not a coder or decoder etc... this is in others hand.

Thanks a lot.

cheers

UPDATE: 14.08.2012

Only to let you know:
What is also have noticed, is that i Need to overclock my Hackintosh. if i Run my system with BCLK 133 (default) i got a very strange noise from my Hackintosh. This is not the case if i overclock and run with BCLK 150. So if i want or not, finally i need to run overcklocked to get rid of the noise.

cheers

what kind of noise? can you film?

what kind of noise? can you film?

iPhone has a bad mic so you will not hear anything.

But i can tell you that these are strange high frequency's. and they apear as soon the cpu is in use or the graphics.
With Snow Leopard i had not this problem, but with Lion this issue began. Since then i need to run Overclocked to get rid of the noise/frequencies.

can you identify where sound come from? speakers? PSU?

I asking this because i had strange problem similar to yours, and the cause was a bad Corsair PSU. The good think was the life time warranty. They gave me new one (v2 model :))

Try to test identify where the sound come from... its very strange if it come from you main board.

I think it comes from Power Supply but i can't say for sure. I think it's a voltage issue.

I have exactly the same problem! I actually switched my HDD for a SSD thinking this would solve it but obviously didn't.
I am using a Novatech 600w ATX Modular power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back