Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 1.0
CPU
i7
Graphics
8800GT - 550Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't and the hack can't. I've trawled all the various threads and tried so many things. The system is restarting instantly when I select sleep. Then I when I restart it has reset the CMOS. I have tried the patch for that, all the little tricks like removing bluetooth, wireless mouse, DVD Drive etc. Also, making sure all the boxes are ticked in the energy saver and then disabling the PME and WOL in the BIOS. I've Changed the system definitions, I've even rolled back my BIOS to early F's and changed the DSDT.

Still got nothing, just an instant restart everytime.

What did i miss? I must have missed something so stupid.:crazy:

This wasn't important to me until I couldn't do it lol!o_O

My system is listed here but if you want to know anything just ask.

did you try patch AppleRTC.kext? your symptoms point to appleRTC problem

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Very Important:
Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast.
Rebuild cache with Kext Wizard.

this solve the sleep problem for most boards. and for sure on GA-x58a-UD3R

Ga-X58A-UD3R

I can't and the hack can't. I've trawled all the various threads and tried so many things. The system is restarting instantly when I select sleep. Then I when I restart it has reset the CMOS. I have tried the patch for that, all the little tricks like removing bluetooth, wireless mouse, DVD Drive etc. Also, making sure all the boxes are ticked in the energy saver and then disabling the PME and WOL in the BIOS. I've Changed the system definitions, I've even rolled back my BIOS to early F's and changed the DSDT.

Still got nothing, just an instant restart everytime.

What did i miss? I must have missed something so stupid.:crazy:

This wasn't important to me until I couldn't do it lol!o_O

My system is listed here but if you want to know anything just ask.

Interesting, I have exactly the same problem as you, using the same MB but an ATI Graphics card.

I have tried the fix to AppleRTC, once run, CMOS is not reset but system has to be restrated, and 10.8 shows a message that system was not shutdown correctly.

Not a big deal for me, as mine is either off or on, I do not use sleep but it would be nice to have it working as it did with LION.

Same Motherboard, Same Problem! here.

Machine restarts, and CMOS is reseted.
The CMOS reset only happened by go to sleep, otherwise it does never reset. everything fine.

My System Specs:
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.0
CPU: - Intel i7 960 (3.2 GHz Quad-Core)
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev.2
RAM: - 6GB Corsair
Video: - nVidia GeForce GTS 450 (1GB)
Audio: - External - M-Audio FireWire 410

seems like energy problem.
try to remove all usb's and make sure you are using only the first PCI-E 16x.
I know some users had problems when using the second PCI-E 8x

did you try patch AppleRTC.kext? your symptoms point to appleRTC problem

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Very Important:
Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast.

this solve the sleep problem for most boards. and for sure on GA-x58a-UD3R

I have tried the patch but not installed like this. Unfortunately, I did not have time to try this morning before work but I will give this a shot tonight.

Machine restarts, and CMOS is reseted.
The CMOS reset only happened by go to sleep, otherwise it does never reset. everything fine.

I'm glad Im not the only one with this issue, I was thinking I had done something wrong. Everything works perfectly with my system except sleep.

toonyd - It only bothered me when I realised I couldn't do it, now it's a pain!

Thanks for your thoughts, I will try tonight and if I get there I will be sure to add so I can help you out too.

seems like energy problem.
try to remove all usb's and make sure you are using only the first PCI-E 16x.
I know some users had problems when using the second PCI-E 8x

Done this too. No tomatoes. The system is still stripped to the minimum while I try to sort this and the Graphics are in PCI-E 16x 1. I will try the RTC Patch using the method you suggest.

@freituk
does it shutdown Properly if the system goes to sleep more than one ?

@freituk
does it shutdown Properly if the system goes to sleep more than one ?

yes its works 100% perfect
My system auto sleep 5 to 10 times a day and next i can shutdown without any cmos reset or other strange things.
"it just works" rip SJ :(

Note: i dont use Network Internal Card, i have one PCI-E from Intel that use vanilla kext. I know Multibeast Kexts to realtek Network cards use to give problems on sleep (normally auto-sleep)

I good test is to try load only vanilla kexts, and test the sleep.

Kinda took the night off to recharge my batteries and catch up with friends. :yawn: I will try these suggestions tomorrow evening and will be sure to post the results.

Sorry, just too tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back