Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti + RTX 2070
Hello! Its been days and days trying to fix this for myself but I am starting to think there is not a solution:

I have High Sierra installed.
My board has two graphic cards: RTX 2070 on top slot and GTX 1050 Ti below. I know the RTX2070 has no web driver yet and its not compatible with MacOS so that is why I have also the GTX1050 for when I boot on MacOS.

- When I connect the monitor to the top GPU (RTX 2070), I can see clover and then boot using windows or linux.
- When I connect the monitor to the bottom GPU (GTX 1050), I CAN NOT see clover, but if I don't touch anything clover defaults to boot on MacOS after some seconds, and when MacOS is booted I can finally see the screen.

Now, the main problem is with the sleep function of MacOS.
If I select the sleep option from the menu bar:
1) The screen immediately goes black. at this point the cpu keeps working
2) after some time (like 1 minute), the cpu goes to sleep. The power button at this point starts blinking indicating that the machine is sleeping.
BUT when I wake up the machine:
1) The cpu wakes up but the screen stays black.

I have installed the whatevergreen kext and also played with the darksleep flag. I had no luck.

Any ideas of anything else I could do? It really sucks having to keep the computer on if I don't want to shut down...

Last edited:
Hello! Its been days and days trying to fix this for myself but I am starting to think there is not a solution:

I have High Sierra installed.
My board has two graphic cards: RTX 1070 on top slot and GTX 1050 Ti below. I know the RTX1070 has no web driver yet and its not compatible with MacOS so that is why I have also the GTX1050 for when I boot on MacOS.

- When I connect the monitor to the top GPU (RTX 1070), I can see clover and then boot using windows or linux.
- When I connect the monitor to the bottom GPU (GTX 1050), I CAN NOT see clover, but if I don't touch anything clover defaults to boot on MacOS after some seconds, and when MacOS is booted I can finally see the screen.

Now, the main problem is with the sleep function of MacOS.
If I select the sleep option from the menu bar:
1) The screen immediately goes black. at this point the cpu keeps working
2) after some time (like 1 minute), the cpu goes to sleep. The power button at this point starts blinking indicating that the machine is sleeping.
BUT when I wake up the machine:
1) The cpu wakes up but the screen stays black.

I have installed the whatevergreen kext and also played with the darksleep flag. I had no luck.

Any ideas of anything else I could do? It really sucks having to keep the computer on if I don't want to shut down...

You should swap the graphics cards so the motherboard initializes the 1050 first. This alone may solve your problem with the black screen as well.

Try switching those two cards around. Change the PCI slots and make the Mac-boot your primary slot.

You should swap the graphics cards so the motherboard initializes the 1050 first. This alone may solve your problem with the black screen as well.

Thanks for the reply. The problem with that is that only the first PCIe slot has x16 CPU lanes.
Anyway, I tried to do the change and:
1) Clover startup screen was visible when monitor is connected to GTX1050 card
2) MacOS presented the same behavior when sleeping and trying to wake up (maybe the problem is having two GPUs?)
3) On windows the RTX2070 card was shown in device manager as having a problem. Probably that card needs the 16x CPU lanes and won't work in other slot.

I have swapped the GPUs again to leave them as they were before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back