Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is it possible to save fan settings with HWMonitor or is there another application you guys are using for fan control?

I am able to control my CPU radiator fans with HWMonitor. Without control, the fan runs at 100% which is very loud. However, the process of clicking on HWMonitor on the menu bar, going to CPU fan control, turning control on, adjusting the speeds with the dial (why it won't take numerical input is beyond me), etc is becoming a chore every time I boot the Hackintosh. Is it possible to save these settings or is there another more capable application you would recommend?

Thank you

you can edit the configuration.xml in ~/Library/Application Support/HWMonitor to change the settings. simply change anything in hwmonitor, quit the app and then edit the xml file. The circles for fan speeds are not the best, so i edit the inaccurate values in the config file. it is a good idea to made a backup before you change anything.

you can edit the configuration.xml in ~/Library/Application Support/HWMonitor to change the settings. simply change anything in hwmonitor, quit the app and then edit the xml file. The circles for fan speeds are not the best, so i edit the inaccurate values in the config file. it is a good idea to made a backup before you change anything.

Thank you for this. I'm still not sure what to change in the configuration.xml file.

This is what I see:
<object type="SMCFANSENSOR" id="z212">
<attribute name="descriptor" type="string">CPUFan</attribute>
<attribute name="forced" type="bool">0</attribute>
<attribute name="name" type="string">F0Ac</attribute>
<attribute name="hidden" type="bool">0</attribute>
<relationship name="controller" type="0/1" destination="SENSORCONTROLLER"></relationship>
<relationship name="graph" type="0/1" destination="GRAPH" idrefs="z197"></relationship>
<relationship name="group" type="0/1" destination="SENSORSGROUP" idrefs="z131"></relationship>
<relationship name="favorites" type="0/0" destination="FAVORITE"></relationship>
<relationship name="consumers" type="0/0" destination="SENSORCONTROLLER"></relationship>
</object>

I would like to use CPU Package temp to control CPU fan speed.
I would like to set a max speed of 1400rpm and set fan speed to 650rpm when temps are below 48 deg C.

Thank you.

at the end of the file, after change settings in the HWMonitor Application, you're able to change the settings in the File like this:

<object type="SMCFANCONTROLLEVEL" id="z232">
<attribute name="output" type="float">1750</attribute>
<attribute name="input" type="float">50</attribute>
<relationship name="controller" type="0/1" destination="SMCFANCONTROLLER" idrefs="z152"></relationship>
<relationship name="next" type="0/1" destination="SMCFANCONTROLLEVEL"></relationship>
<relationship name="previous" type="0/1" destination="SMCFANCONTROLLEVEL" idrefs="z227"></relationship>
</object>
</database>

The essential lines to change:

<attribute name="output" type="float">1750</attribute>
<attribute name="input" type="float">50</attribute>

where in my example 1750 stands for the fan speed and 50 for the threshold.

You must change all these and similarly lines like in my example for your personal fan settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back