Graphics
GTX-650 (Asus)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My internal temps are ranging from 30-40 c which seems normal.

CPU Heatsink registers as 73 and never changes. The CPU fan is functioning and the heatsink is not hot to touch so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Safe to assume it's a software bug? Anyone else experience this?

View attachment 87077

I love how many threads simply go unanswered and totally ignored here. I don't have a good answer for you, other than that the labels for things in HWMonitor are not always what they say they are. For example on my board the "ambient" temp is actually the temperature of the heat spreader on the CPU (or so I am told). It is easy to discern that the "heatsink temp" is not actually the temperature of the heatsink, as it does not have a temperature sensor or if it did, any way of telling the motherboard what that temperature was. That would be pretty trick if the cold plate on a heatsink had a probe in it that plugged into a USB header or something to report the temp of the heatsink itself...

That might be the reading that corresponds to the TMPIN2 sensor, which seems to be disconnected on Gigabyte boards...mine is unchanging at a terrifying 128C, but googling around enough people have the same problem and conclude that it's simply a null reading.

I love how many threads simply go unanswered and totally ignored here. I don't have a good answer for you, other than that the labels for things in HWMonitor are not always what they say they are. For example on my board the "ambient" temp is actually the temperature of the heat spreader on the CPU (or so I am told). It is easy to discern that the "heatsink temp" is not actually the temperature of the heatsink, as it does not have a temperature sensor or if it did, any way of telling the motherboard what that temperature was. That would be pretty trick if the cold plate on a heatsink had a probe in it that plugged into a USB header or something to report the temp of the heatsink itself...

I love how many threads ask the SAME question over and over and then someone gets bent out of shape, usually not the OP, when some go unanswered.

This is a USER support forum. If you want your question answered all the time, every time, then go pay someone for support.

As to the OP, yes this question has been asked quite a bit. You can assume it is a software bug and may be addressed/updated in future HWMonitor releases...or not... :)

Thanks for the replies everyone!!! I figured it was a non issue but it's nice to have a confirmation.

I did originally do a search for this issue but probably didn't dig deep enough.

Forum is good. Lots of knowledgable people around. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back