Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomach said:
Could the audio problems on ds3h possibly be because of bios version? Mine is f2. Everyone who has working audio or not which bios version you have?
I messed my last board with bios update so not that eager to flash... Freak accidents tend to occur for me..

The DSDT for our board is F3. So it's up to you: take a risk for onboard audio by updating to F3 (and remembering to reset to AHCI) or compromise and keep what you have and look for other audio options (ie. sound card). I personally flashed my ds3h a bunch of times (because I didn't know what I as doing...noobs...) and it seems to be functioning fine.

Thanks !!!!
everything works except for sound on the H77-DS3, but will keep at it!!!
Thanks again for all your help!!!!

is there any way to make the USB 3 working? Thanks.

USB3 ports are working on my build, they only work at USB2 speeds, but they work perfectly...
on another note, is it normal to have the intel graphics go so slow? it seems that the animations on the launchpad and menus, go really slow and choppy, but if I place a Nvidia Quadro FX370 card in the build, it seems to work perfectly... am I missing a KEXT for the hd3000???
thanks in advance

skalbert said:
I had the sound problem with the Z77-DS3H and tried many DSDT edits/kexts (like in this post) but this solution worked:

0. No DSDT.
1. AppleHDA Rollback + ALC887/888b from MultiBeast.
2. ALC887HDA.kext (attached file).

This successfully enables audio for me (on F3 BIOS) for the GA-Z77-DS3H. I can't speak to the graphical issues you have however, since I only have a VGA monitor available at the moment and am running with graphicsenabler=no.

Speaking of which, has anyone successfully confirmed QE/CI with the Intel HD3000 graphics on this board?

axsnetworks said:
USB3 ports are working on my build, they only work at USB2 speeds, but they work perfectly...
on another note, is it normal to have the intel graphics go so slow? it seems that the animations on the launchpad and menus, go really slow and choppy, but if I place a Nvidia Quadro FX370 card in the build, it seems to work perfectly... am I missing a KEXT for the hd3000???
thanks in advance

Does this mean we would not get USB 3 working with full speed on Mac? Thanks.

----------\\\\

Ah! stupid question, Apple is not supporting USB 3 yet. Sorry guys. :mrgreen:

caching said:
axsnetworks said:
thanks in advance

Does this mean we would not get USB 3 working with full speed on Mac? Thanks.

----------\\\\

Ah! stupid question, Apple is not supporting USB 3 yet. Sorry guys. :mrgreen:
Normally you should be able to put a USB3 Lacie card in a MacPro, and using their drivers you'll have USB3.

Tomach said:
Could the audio problems on ds3h possibly be because of bios version? Mine is f2. Everyone who has working audio or not which bios version you have?
I messed my last board with bios update so not that eager to flash... Freak accidents tend to occur for me..

Mine is F4, no sound.
It didn't either with F2 not F3.

Did you upgrade from another motherboard using the same HD ?
Because that's what I did, and I'm under the impression that some old audio related preferences files prevent this MB's audio to work.

Rgds,

fdeldongo: i did a clean install on an SSD as per tony's instructions.

Hello Again
correct me if I am wrong, but the option to select in multibeast 4.3.2 are:
*UserDST install: without any dst in the desktop
*ALC8xxHDA & AppleHDA rolback: this one all at the same time?
*maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet
The rest is left unchecked...
I get everything working except for audio (no output device) and Graphics renders animations choppy (but have full resolution and transparencies)
thanks for the help in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back