Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my ga-z77-ds3h I don't believe I even had to do anything special to get those ports to work (as usb2). You're talking about the back usb3 ports, not the optional front panel ones right? (I have those as usb2, but I know they don't work for booting by usb...)

Yep, back USB3 ports
Very strange, indeed...

bluskale said:
on my ga-z77-ds3h I don't believe I even had to do anything special to get those ports to work (as usb2). You're talking about the back usb3 ports, not the optional front panel ones right? (I have those as usb2, but I know they don't work for booting by usb...)

Sorry for not being clear.

My main rig is an x58 setup, but I'm building a Z77 3770k rig on the side, until we no longer need the Nullpower next and Ivy is fully supported by Apple.

Not sure why the USB3's aren't even registering at USB2. I double partitioned the drive to boot into Win7 and all seems well on the Win end of things.

Thanks guys

thelostswede said:
imdrecordings said:
Strange, mine won't even power a usb flash drive

This only applies to Z77 boards, not X58

I take it everything is enabled in the UEFI properly? There are a few settings there, not sure if any of that has been changed or if changing it would help. I didn't have any problems, they simply just worked.

Hi, first thanks to the community for the all the resources (tools, tutorials, forum). I'm currently building a hackintosh Mac Pro and I found a lot of help here.

Karl0 said:
alc working on z77-ds3h with this file + rolback and enabler from Mb.
I had the sound problem with the Z77-DS3H and tried many DSDT edits/kexts (like in this post) but this solution worked :

0. No DSDT.
1. AppleHDA Rollback + ALC887/888b from MultiBeast.
2. ALC887HDA.kext (attached file).

I also got a boot0 error that I fixed with the solution here Fixing the Notorious boot0: error.

Now everything seems OK, but the last problem I have is a graphic glitch (which leads to a freeze) when I get to the login screen at the boot (when the resolution change) or when I change the resolution in the system prefs. The solution I found is to boot with the DVI cable disconnected and then connect it after the system is fully booted (and resolution changed). Any ideas?

Attachments

• ALC887HDA.kext.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 262
Could the audio problems on ds3h possibly be because of bios version? Mine is f2. Everyone who has working audio or not which bios version you have?
I messed my last board with bios update so not that eager to flash... Freak accidents tend to occur for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back