Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
System:
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH
Core i7 3770K
Gigabyte Geforce 670 4GB

I had everything working fine running both OSX ML and Windows 8 using the onboard graphics and GraphicsEnabler=No via multibeast. I wanted to try to get the graphics working from the 670 instead, so I went into the BIOS and changed Init Display First to PEG from IGFX, then (and here's where I think I was most stupid) set Internal Graphics to Disable. I saved and exited, powered down, changed the DVI cable from the mobo to the 670 and get nothing. Try rebooting, power down and back up, switching the DVI from mobo to both of the DVIs on the 670, every combination, and I get nothing still. Just a black screen. Can't change the BIOS settings back either cos I can't see what I'm doing. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Does anyone know?

clear cmos.unplug power cord wait 5 sec put jumper on pin12 wait 15 sec put jumper back on 23.take out video card again.redo bios settings

Reactions: tkb
Ok so clearing the CMOS worked, restored BIOS setting to defaults, restart, restore settings I had before. Init Display set to Auto. ML boot hangs on grey spinning wheel screen. Restart, try again in ML, works. Try to boot to Windows 8, tells me the drive is corrupted and I can attempt a repair or reset the disk and lose everything. Attempt repair, fails. Restart computer, no display. Switch DVI cable from mobo output and into 670, display is there, but goes black when I try to boot Win8. After a few more restarts it seems like the graphics is output from a different DVI port each time. Go into BIOS, change Init Display to IGFX, everything works fine, except now I can't use the graphics card. I don't know what I can do here to get the graphics card working.

now you need to boot with flags pcirootuid=0 or 1 for video card.graphicsenabler=no as your card is supported oob.save settings with chameleon wizard which is in downloads community software.

now you need to boot with flags pcirootuid=0 or 1 for video card.graphicsenabler=no as your card is supported oob.save settings with chameleon wizard which is in downloads community software.

This is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but do I have to change my Init Display in the BIOS from IGFX to either PEG or PCI when I do boot with pcirootuid=0, and at what point should I move the DVI cable from the motherboard out to the 670 out?

This is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but do I have to change my Init Display in the BIOS from IGFX to either PEG or PCI when I do boot with pcirootuid=0, and at what point should I move the DVI cable from the motherboard out to the 670 out?

yes you do need to change to peg after restart shut down.unplug power cord wait 5secs touch a good ground on case before putting in video card.use dvi/hdmi.now can boot with pcirootuid=o graphicsenabler=no if pcirootuid=0 don't work use1

I switched Init Display First to PEG, left Internal Graphics on Auto, Save and Exit. Shut down, move DVI cable from HD4000 to 670, power on, boot ML from Chimera with pcirootuid=0 and graphicsenabler=No hangs at grey spinning wheel screen. pcirootuid=1 graphicsenabler=no hangs as well. pcirootuid=0 graphicsenabler=no -v hung at a line that had something to do with Avast! antivirus, tried booting in safe mode to uninstall Avast!, appears to finish verbose log then hangs on a grey screen. Change back to IGFX in BIOS, reboot with DVI from HD4000 in safe mode, uninstall Avast. Reboot into ML works fine with HD4000 out of safe mode. Restart, load BIOS, change back to PEG, restart, shut down, change cable to 670, power on, black screen. Hot-switch cable to HD4000 and now I have chimera boot screen. I don't know what else to try.

Every time I set the Init Display First to PEG for the 670, the next time I come into the BIOS it's been changed back to Auto. Why is this?

Switched my display to a TV with HDMI which seems to have solved the problem of the BIOS reverting the Init Display First setting to Auto, but with all of PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -v ; PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v ; and PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v it finishes loading in verbose and then the screen loses its signal. With PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v it hangs on

NTFS driver 3.10 [Flags: R/W].
NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1.
NTFS volume name , version 3.1.
NTFS volume name WIN8 STORAG, version 3.1.

so there seems to be a problem with my windows drives, but it doesn't happen all the time, only with that one combination of bootflags. Are there any other boot flags I could try or anything I should add to booting with Multibeast that could get around this problem?

im glad its working now.when u get spare time search gtx 670 guides maybe find a fix.i think its a monitor issue gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back