Contribute
Register

HP z600 workstation is FULLY working with macOS sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your probably right about all those bios settings but I'll tell you what my machine posts a hell of a lot quicker after I did them.

Excellent! I will try those too. Just few questions with this regards:
- do you use SSD? (because if so then I will definitely be happy to see faster boot times too, I felt it is slower than my MBP)
- did you do ALL of them or specific bios settings only?

Booting into OS X now, so looking good. Just about to start fixing sound gfx etc. I've had no problems other than ones I've made myself so recipe seems good. Apart from the bios settings the methods are the same, it is slightly quicker to install the OS with the drive internal though.
Very happy for you mate! After you are done all this, I have one more thing (in case you have an SSD) that I figured lately. Enabling TRIM. I will collect the necessary data and post it here, will do that in a hurry.

I think the following should work, but i will post screen shots from my clover-configurator files soon:

Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator :

Select Kernel and Kext Patches

In KextsToPatch :
Name = IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find = 004150504C452053534400
Replace = 0000000000000000000000
Comment = Trim Patch

and of course, reboot.

Last edited:
actually that is exactly the same as my config, no need for screenshots :)

Yeah I am using an SSD, mines a 120 GB Samsung Evo, will the code be the same for me?

My machine is working nicely, one note is that to get my Quadro 4000 working I had to check 'NvidiaWeb' in the 'System Parameters' section of clover configurator. nvda_drv=1 has no effect for me, I don't know if that is the Quadro or 10.12.2 and the new web driver.

- did you do ALL of them or specific bios settings only?

Much clearer on the original thread btw:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319386-[GUIDE]-HP-Z800-Hackintosh-macOS-Sierra-10.12.1

I did all the bios settings listed except for 2 that were not present, I left my alternate options on disable

The main thing left not working for me is the sound, I used your files and ran the patcher but no dice, do I need to repeat the linux step do you think?

Yeah I am using an SSD, mines a 120 GB Samsung Evo, will the code be the same for me?

Yes, it is the same, I also have VERTEX 4 120GB, and another PNY 480GB SSD. Both have TRIM enabled after I patched it.

My machine is working nicely, one note is that to get my Quadro 4000 working I had to check 'NvidiaWeb' in the 'System Parameters' section of clover configurator. nvda_drv=1 has no effect for me, I don't know if that is the Quadro or 10.12.2 and the new web driver.

This is strange, I think it "does not" to do with the Quadro. I think i had 'NvidiaWeb' enabled like you did. nvda_drv=1 also didn't have any effect for me... it could still be in my config since i was playing with it but didn't help.

Nevertheless, glad you got the quadro working, thats a hell of a card you have there!

Much clearer on the original thread btw:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319386-[GUIDE]-HP-Z800-Hackintosh-macOS-Sierra-10.12.1

I did all the bios settings listed except for 2 that were not present, I left my alternate options on disable

Did exactly the same as you did earlier today, didn't differ in speed, no idea why but it is fast enough for me. I rarely reboot anyways.

The main thing left not working for me is the sound, I used your files and ran the patcher but no dice, do I need to repeat the linux step do you think?

No, don't do the linux thingy, I didn't do it, I just launched the app I attached in the original post, and dropped the lunux-device dump on it and it told me it was done.

I am not sure why I deleted teh AppleHPET.kext, it could be to enable the USB at the back of the case but did you do that just to see if it also can help in resolving the sound?

Also,

Go to system preferences > Audio, and make sure to select the output to be "line-out (Green Rear)" if you connect your speakers to that one, or "Headphone (Black Front)" if you connect it to this one.

Let me know how it goes.

One more thing, try installing one of those voodoo drivers (in multibeast) if the above alone didn't help. I am not sure if this will help but it is worth a try.

, glad you got the quadro working, thats a hell of a card you have there!

Yeah It is a good card, they dont seem to perform very well at all in a hackintosh though. They should cinebench between 70 - 85 fps, mine is under 50 and I've had the same before in different machines and OS versions.

One more thing, try installing one of those voodoo drivers

The voodoo driver did it, generic voodoo will do for me, I wonder if it's actually just voodoo working on your system? (screen shot of my audio outputs)
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 00.57.48.png

Did you do much searching for a DSDT ?
My computer occasionally doesn't boot first time, along with some graphics glitches, USB glitches and slow wake times.

Yeah It is a good card, they dont seem to perform very well at all in a hackintosh though. They should cinebench between 70 - 85 fps, mine is under 50 and I've had the same before in different machines and OS versions.

Sorry to hear they lose all that power! ( around %30 gone). I will run cinebench on my poor-little EVGA 750 ti sc and post numbers here to see if they run similarly. I hope that helps somehow...

The voodoo driver did it, generic voodoo will do for me, I wonder if it's actually just voodoo working on your system? (screen shot of my audio outputs)

Very glad to hear, I think injected voodoo and that escaped me documenting that in the middle of fiddling with options.

Did you do much searching for a DSDT ?

So far not, I don't know if i should though because it runs great. I did a geekbench 4 and it rated around top 5 on their list (i.e. around 3 places around the top two trash cans, both of them with 12 cores). I assumed that performance was good enough to be a perfectly operating hackintosh.

My computer occasionally doesn't boot first time, along with some graphics glitches, USB glitches and slow wake times.

No, none of that happens with me. There is definitely one thing i didn't care to enable on my hackintosh though. The "deep sleep" mode, I always let it put the display to sleep but not the computer as I use it as my server too. In addition, if it goes to sleep, it won't come back to life again (I hard reset it and it may corrupt my data).

I am starting to suspect the first three issues (boot, graphics glitches, and USB) you are having on the Quadro card. Maybe it is faulty and/or draws too much power? or maybe the driver some how isn't working properly. I never had graphics glitches, ever after installing the driver. Try this: install the latest cuda driver along side the regular one, I hope it may fix things somehow...

I remember I deleted AppleHPET.kext and that made it work for me, can you also install ALL usb-kexts from multibeast? it may be lacking something i am using but didn't take notice of.

I attached my cinebench results

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 6.44.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 6.44.44 PM.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 567
Hi guys,

I've just purchased a Z600 and have been following your progress here for the last few weeks. I have followed this thread as well as this guide which got me to successfully booted into Sierra using Clover.

I have installed Nvidia Drivers (It came with and old quatro 1800 which I'm using at present. Haven't install my new rx 480 yet.

I haven't been able to install the hard drive with OSX into the internal SATA ports, even after install the AHCIportinjector.kext. I'm still booting from a usb external caddy. Here's the error I'm getting:
View media item 188242
The text is difficult to read but I think the last line says "Still waiting for root devices"

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back