Contribute
Register

HP Spectre x360 w/ i7-8550U... Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have 4k (though not the full retina options in my system prefs) without this kext. Because of that, I did not go deeper into the your response to "Q. Are QHD+/UHD laptop displays supported?" (where CoreDisplayFixup.kext is specified).

I have not yet gotten to any updates for patching for graphics acceleration (and the graphics are noticeably not accelerated), so maybe I just hadn't bumped into it yet.

I am not reporting a problem in this thread, but will add CoreDisplayFixup.kext as you mention.

So far I have 4k (though not the full retina options in my system prefs) without this kext. Because of that, I did not go deeper into the your response to "Q. Are QHD+/UHD laptop displays supported?" (where CoreDisplayFixup.kext is specified).

I have not yet gotten to any updates for patching for graphics acceleration (and the graphics are noticeably not accelerated), so maybe I just hadn't bumped into it yet.

I am not reporting a problem in this thread, but will add CoreDisplayFixup.kext as you mention.

Must use valid ig-platform-id/valid FakeID and FakePCIID kexts for graphics drivers to load/start.

I have a coffee lake version of the 13 inch x360. Everything is working for me now. The only exception is the TP3 which I don't have a need for it yet. So I would definitely say go for it. I have the i5-8250U and 1080p version. But I am quite sure i7 or 4K screen should work.

Hey there,

Could you please update us on your status...

I also have on eof the new x360 with the i7-8550U processor. I was able to install HS and sometimes boot to it (it was really touch and go ) and after a couple of hour i gave up. I was able to get the 4k working, the sound working, the touchpad and keyboard working. I had some issues with the graphics being a bit sluggish.

If i can get this computer to convert to OSX it would be awesome and i am looking for all the help i can find.

I'm also a proud owner of an 8th gen spectre x360, and seriously considering dual booting between win10 and hackintosh. I use the TB3 port extensively, so I'm keenly interested in any success stories about that, or any how-to's specific to the late 2017 spectre x360's if anyone makes one or comes across one.

Hi everyone,

I also have an 8th Gen HP Spectre 13 that I've been working with. Everything is in a primordial state, but I have the following working:

- Graphics (UHD)
- Touchpad / Keyboard (VoodooPS2, though this shows up as mouse)
- Sound (VoodooHDA, will attempt to go native at a later time)
- Wifi will never work, so I'm using a USB adapter

There's a lot I need to address in the DSDT / SSDTs, but I'm being blocked my a compiler error that I can't seem to figure out (screenshot below). It's not the type of PARSEOP error that Rehabman's Laptop Patches work on.

Can anyone help me get past this syntax error so I can start debugging USB and backlight and whatnot?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.50.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.50.35 PM.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 147
  • debug_9480.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
There's a lot I need to address in the DSDT / SSDTs, but I'm being blocked my a compiler error that I can't seem to figure out (screenshot below). It's not the type of PARSEOP error that Rehabman's Laptop Patches work on.

Can anyone help me get past this syntax error so I can start debugging USB and backlight and whatnot?

No unusual errors in your DSDT.dsl.
Disassemble as per guide: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Then remove (or comment) the unneeded External declarations:
Code:
//    External (BNUM, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (BRTL, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (CRBI, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (DIDX, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (DTS1, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (DTS2, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (DTS3, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (DTS4, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (DTSE, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (PDTS, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (PKGA, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)
//    External (SPST, IntObj)    // (from opcode)

Result: No errors in DSDT.dsl.

Greetings @RehabMan thanks for your awesome tutorials and tools. I have an hp Spectre as well i7 8550u I managed to install and run from internal ssd. The battery is working but I can't get the audio or graphics to work, and also the brightness buttons. The fan seems to be working more when I am on Windows that when I am on OSX is that normal. I appreactiate all the help I can get.

Attachments

• efi-spectre.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 123
Greetings @RehabMan thanks for your awesome tutorials and tools. I have an hp Spectre as well i7 8550u I managed to install and run from internal ssd. The battery is working but I can't get the audio or graphics to work, and also the brightness buttons. The fan seems to be working more when I am on Windows that when I am on OSX is that normal. I appreactiate all the help I can get.

Your profile is inaccurate (indicates Nvidia only, clearly proven incorrect in the ioreg you attached). Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your ioreg proves you forgot FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

For audio, read the FAQ.

For brightness control, see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

@RehabMan Thank you for your help!. I have almost everything working now including brightness controls and sound, the sdCard reader is not working and I haven't tried the usb-c ports, But I have problem with the touchpad it displays correct as a trackpad on the settings but it does not recognize any gestures and more importantly I can't select tap to click every time I try to select it it automatically deselects. Please help me with this problem.

Another question should I do something with HWP and do I need to apply the Skylake LPC patch. I really appreciate
all the help you are awesome

Attachments

• debug_30199.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back