Contribute
Register

HP Spectre X360 (15" 2017) - I2C Touchscreen and Pen Working in OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just updated to most recent version of I2C and it now seems to require three fingers to scroll on touchscreen. Is this something that can be changed?

@ShortFormErnie,

Good news .... the three finger scroll issue with the touch screen has been identified as a logic issue by Git User "blankmark" and the fix is implemented in his fork of VoodooIC2 :-

I've tried it myself and it works great .... if you want to try for yourself you will have to clone his repo from the command line as downloading the project as a zip in a browser does not download all the dependencies (i made that mistake). You should follow Alex's documentation if you want to give it a go yourself using Xcode (no complied binary available yet):-

But use this command to clone blackmark's fork rather than Alex's :-

Code:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C

As detailed in Alex's document you will need to ensure you have cpplint installed but you can skip installing cldoc as long as you remove the documentation phase from the build phase in xcode (its the last one) ... i had a lot of trouble trying to get cldoc installed but Alex told me it's not required for a local build.

I'm sure it wont be too long before Alex merges blankmac's fix into his master build and releases an update.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@ShortFormErnie,

Good news .... the three finger scroll issue with the touch screen has been identified as a logic issue by Git User "blankmark" and the fix is implemented in his fork of VoodooIC2 :-

I've tried it myself and it works great .... if you want to try for yourself you will have to clone his repo from the command line as downloading the project as a zip in a browser does not download all the dependencies (i made that mistake). You should follow Alex's documentation if you want to give it a go yourself using Xcode (no complied binary available yet):-

But use this command to clone blackmark's fork rather than Alex's :-

Code:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C

As detailed in Alex's document you will need to ensure you have cpplint installed but you can skip installing cldoc as long as you remove the documentation phase from the build phase in xcode (its the last one) ... i had a lot of trouble trying to get cldoc installed but Alex told me it's not required for a local build.

I'm sure it wont be too long before Alex merges blankmac's fix into his master build and releases an update.

Cheers
Jay

This looks interesting! I'll try messing around with it soon. Was curious about the status of VoodooI2C as it didn't seem like there had been a release in a while.

This looks interesting! I'll try messing around with it soon. Was curious about the status of VoodooI2C as it didn't seem like there had been a release in a while.

@ShortFormErnie,

No need now to download the VoodooI2C sources and compile in Xcode yourself ....
VoodooI2C version 2.1.5 has just been officially released by Alex :-

I just installed it on my 2017 HP Spectre X360 and it works great, this release includes the multitouch fix (stylus as transducer 0 being treated as a finger) which was causing the three finger scrolling issue.

Cheers
Jay

@ShortFormErnie,

No need now to download the VoodooI2C sources and compile in Xcode yourself ....

I just installed it on my 2017 HP Spectre X360 and it works great, this release includes the multitouch fix (stylus as transducer 0 being treated as a finger) which was causing the three finger scrolling issue.

Cheers
Jay

Nice! Just installed myself. Man, being able to use two-finger gestures again makes such a difference.

Nice! Just installed myself. Man, being able to use two-finger gestures again makes such a difference.

@ShortFormErnie,

Sure does ... I missed the two finger pinch-zoom more than anything else ....

Glad it's working for you too ....

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@ShortFormErnie,

Cheers
Jay
Are you saying that stylus cannot be recognized as a pen in macOS?

Are you saying that stylus cannot be recognized as a pen in macOS?

@twsps,

The stylus/Pen still works as in previous versions of VoodooIC2, however this latest release includes the fix to ensure that the Stylus/Pen is no longer being included in the finger (transducer) array which resulted in two finger gestures being translated to three, 4 to 5 .. etc.

Cheers
Jay

@twsps,

The stylus/Pen still works as in previous versions of VoodooIC2, however this latest release includes the fix to ensure that the Stylus/Pen is no longer being included in the finger (transducer) array which resulted in two finger gestures being translated to three, 4 to 5 .. etc.

Cheers
Jay
I believe you misunderstood my question, I was asking if you can use your stylus to write in the ink window that I attached.

twsps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 12.36.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 12.36.04 PM.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back