Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Hello all!

I have been trying to install Mavericks on my HP Probook 4340s for a friend (specs in my sig) but I have some problems.

I followed the tutorial and created a USB with two partitions one for CLOVER and one for Install OS X with 10.9 (used the right config HD4000 & 1366x768).
created installer without problems to my 120GB hdd. (completed Phase 1 without problem)
Installed to my 120GB partition (completed Phase 2 without problem)
booted from my USB flash (pressed F4 DSDT original created and checked).
No problems till now. Updated to 10.9.5 with combo update.
Installed HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.14.2 with the recommended ticks and when I try to boot the wheel never stopped... I booted verbose and I took a photo with my phone which I attach bellow... It seems like my HD4000 never wakes...

When I try to boot with my USB it starts fine (but without DSDT so most things won't work).

I recreated the USB drive once and reinstalled twice but the problem persists.

I tried to eliminate my newly created config.plist deleting keys one by one but nothing changed.
I could boot to my installation from my HDD clover partition only if I delete the DSDT.aml created by the HP Probook installer, but again only basic functionality (no sound etc).

I tried to use HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 beta 5.zip but it would fail every time.

I attach my verbose screen and my non working DSDT.aml. I also attach my config.plist...
This is not my first hackintosh but it was a long time ago, so if anyone can give me a clue what's wrong I would appreciate it.

Your files seem to be ok, but you should post all troubleshooting files so I can see what's wrong.

If you boot by USB, do you have full resolution with transparent menubar (QE/CI works?)
If you boot by HDD without DSDT.aml, do you have full resolution with transparent menubar (QE/CI works?)

You should read the RED text in post #1.

Also, provide output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Sorry for the incomplete previous post.

Adding everything else.

I only removed themes from EFI/CLOVER folder cause my upload speed is too slow

I am giving a link for my install.log cause it is 1.33MB and tonymacx86.com wouldn't let me up upload.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ENsVPn8E_lMWhjRFFaNVdxYjQ/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: I have correct resolution but no QE/CI.

Attachments

• AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 70
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • lspci_-nn.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 113
Your lspci output shows there is no Intel MEI device (1e3a). OS X requires it.

I run lspci -nn command with an old elementary distro I had laying around in a USB. Is it possible that this could be the problem?

Also what's the Intel MEI device?

Thanks

I run lspci -nn command with an old elementary distro I had laying around in a USB. Is it possible that this could be the problem?

I don't think it matters. lspci shows what is on the PCI bus. And you don't have a 1e3a device...

Also what's the Intel MEI device?

I'm not really certain, but it is involved with content protection, HDMI audio, etc. (eg. "protected path"... aka DRM). The accelerator kext (in your case, AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext) requires it.

CPUs that are ES/QS (engineering/quality samples) do not have MEI. There have also been a few cases where retail CPUs were installed, but still not MEI (hardware issue?, bad BIOS flash?).

I don't think it matters. lspci shows what is on the PCI bus. And you don't have a 1e3a device...

I'm not really certain, but it is involved with content protection, HDMI audio, etc. (eg. "protected path"... aka DRM). The accelerator kext (in your case, AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext) requires it.

CPUs that are ES/QS (engineering/quality samples) do not have MEI. There have also been a few cases where retail CPUs were installed, but still not MEI (hardware issue?, bad BIOS flash?).

I remember one solving this problem by replacing mainboard.

Thanks for the info. As far as I know (I bought the laptop off ebay) it carries the i5-3210M preinstalled. (it doesn't seem like someone open the laptop) and cpu-z (in Windows) and procinfo (in Linux) doesn't show an ES or QS next to Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.5GHz as I usually saw on older ES that I bought (C2D).

I am going to try a BIOS re-flash but as you say it will probably won't change anything. Is it possible that HP chopped this feature on specific models just to cut down prices?

EDIT: I don't think I am going to replace this motherboard... I am probably gonna sell it. Anyway I am going to try re-flash the BIOS

I am going to try a BIOS re-flash but as you say it will probably won't change anything. Is it possible that HP chopped this feature on specific models just to cut down prices?

No -- it is probably just broken hardware.

No -- it is probably just broken hardware.

This seems like a hardware issue after all. I updated my BIOS, tried to install Intel Management Engine Driver, and I got the message: This computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing this software. Also I can't find anything again in the lspci -nn output...

Too bad... I was too excited. Any known workaround? (except from replacing the motherboard)

This seems like a hardware issue after all. I updated my BIOS, tried to install Intel Management Engine Driver, and I got the message: This computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing this software. Also I can't find anything again in the lspci -nn output...

Too bad... I was too excited. Any known workaround? (except from replacing the motherboard)

Yeah... you can't install a driver for a device that doesn't exist...

Back