Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

ProBook 4330s i5-2520m HD3000

First install was succesfull after a few tries this was done on SSD with only USB3.0 not working unless you boot up with it.

Second install onto SSHD goes to Black Screen after Apple Logo upon boot. This is after PBI was used with the exact same settings as per first install.

Both installs happened on the same notebook just SSD to SSHD swap out

No idea without troubleshooting files.

I have a HP 4540s with SB CPU. I decided to use the MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS instead of MacBookPro8,1.
The PBI CE currently installs MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS and uses GenericUSBXHI for me, so I decided to patch my own DSDT and also patch IOPlatformPluginFamily -> Contents -> Plugins -> ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin to make SpeedStep work.

The problem is the USB ports don't work until I apply Mieze's USB patch from RehabMan's repository. Is this normal on 4x40s?

I have a HP 4540s with SB CPU. I decided to use the MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS instead of MacBookPro8,1.
The PBI CE currently installs MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS and uses GenericUSBXHI for me, so I decided to patch my own DSDT and also patch IOPlatformPluginFamily -> Contents -> Plugins -> ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin to make SpeedStep work.

The problem is the USB ports don't work until I apply Mieze's USB patch from RehabMan's repository. Is this normal on 4x40s?

Normal for 4540s and AppleUSBXHCI.

Normal for 4540s and AppleUSBXHCI.

What method do you prefer?

1/ SMBIOS 8,1 + GenericUSBXHCI (current PBI CE)
2/ SMBIOS 9,1 + Mieze + modifying plist for speedstep (I'm afraid it won't stay after update)

What method do you prefer?

1/ SMBIOS 8,1 + GenericUSBXHCI (current PBI CE)
2/ SMBIOS 9,1 + Mieze + modifying plist for speedstep (I'm afraid it won't stay after update)

I don't have a preference on this one. I don't have the hardware affected by this.

My suggestion: Don't purchase hardware that is mixed. (eg. don't buy "HD3000 on 7-series" or "HD4000 on 6-series).

I am Having the same issue. Hp Probook 4530 HD Intel Graphics 3000 i3 Sandy Bridge worked great on Mavericks with unibeast and HP probook installer. I decided to move to clover I created the clover usb follwingnguyenmacguide. I did the manual step for the MacUSB part. This worked great I installed Mavericks with clover ran the New PBIce all went perfect reboot Choose HDD Logo and spinning wheel then black screen. Put USB back in choose HDD boots right up. No sound at this point Thought maybe updating to yosemite would fix sound and black screen. Ran Yosemite installer rebooted (had to use USB again) finished the install rebooted.with USB ran PBIce still following the guide reboot. No USB Choose HDD Logo spinning wheel then black screen. Put in USB boot to HDD and have Yosemite No sound run Kext wizard rebuild cache still no sound. Bluetooth not working either but everything else works as long as I boot with the Clover USB. Not sure why but would really appreciate some help at this point Im lost.

I am Having the same issue. Hp Probook 4530 HD Intel Graphics 3000 i3 Sandy Bridge worked great on Mavericks with unibeast and HP probook installer. I decided to move to clover I created the clover usb follwingnguyenmacguide. I did the manual step for the MacUSB part. This worked great I installed Mavericks with clover ran the New PBIce all went perfect reboot Choose HDD Logo and spinning wheel then black screen. Put USB back in choose HDD boots right up. No sound at this point Thought maybe updating to yosemite would fix sound and black screen. Ran Yosemite installer rebooted (had to use USB again) finished the install rebooted.with USB ran PBIce still following the guide reboot. No USB Choose HDD Logo spinning wheel then black screen. Put in USB boot to HDD and have Yosemite No sound run Kext wizard rebuild cache still no sound. Bluetooth not working either but everything else works as long as I boot with the Clover USB. Not sure why but would really appreciate some help at this point Im lost.

It sounds like you don't have a patched DSDT or have an incorrectly patched DSDT. In other words, "pilot error." Make sure you select the appropriate options for your hardware when you use the ProBook Installer.

Which options would you recommend for this Laptop. Hp probook 4530, 4 gig ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, i3/i5 sandy bridge. I'm just not sure what I am choosing wrong. Btw thanks for all the guides and help this forum is amazing.

Greetings!

I want to anounce that I've successfully installed Yosemite on my ProBook 450 G1 using this guide.

Million thanks to RehabMan and nguyenmac for their supports.

However, I have problem with:

Bluetooth (It worked perfectly on Mavericks - using same system): The Bluetooth is installed (maybe). The Icon shows up on the Finder menu bar. But I can't connect with my Phone. (I was able to do this when I had Mavericks installed)
  1. Restart Issue - I'm dual booting with Windows 8. When I restart from Yosemite, it will not show up until the Power key is pressed (at this time, I got to know that the system actually restarts but not as expected - it wakes up invisible). (Same issue when using Mavericks).
  2. Sleep Issue - I expected my Laptop to prompt login page when waking up but it simply go straight to the desktop and the mouse pointer freezes immediately for 2 - 3 seconds before it begins to respond. (I did not experience this when using Mavericks)

Note: I'm using the DSDT and SSDT I used for Mavericks. More so, I'm using the config.plist posted by Rehabman. config file attached.

Thank you very much for your time.

EDITED: Bluetooth is working now.

paperclip.png
Attached Files

Last edited by a moderator:
Back