Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Dear nguyen,
i tried PBI CE 4.6.2 on 10.10.5 ( probook 4530s ) but some video glitches happen.
I switched back to 6.4.0.1, and all is ok.
Do you know if is better to stay with 6.4.0.1 ?

Dear nguyen,
i tried PBI CE 4.6.2 on 10.10.5 ( probook 4530s ) but some video glitches happen.
I switched back to 6.4.0.1, and all is ok.
Do you know if is better to stay with 6.4.0.1 ?

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Thank you for reply, i will do on next clover install.
For now i save the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
Is it the file in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI ?

Thank you for reply, i will do on next clover install.
For now i save the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
Is it the file in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI ?

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is available from the Clover installer.

Since PBI will install OsxAptioFix2, you must remove it manually (OsxAptioFix2 overrides OsxAptioFix).

The move to OsxAptioFix2 was premature and not tested adequately (if at all).

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is available from the Clover installer.

Since PBI will install OsxAptioFix2, you must remove it manually (OsxAptioFix2 overrides OsxAptioFix).

The move to OsxAptioFix2 was premature and not tested adequately (if at all).
Pbi ce uses fix
Code:
[B]Version 6.4.1 (September 11th 2015)[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Update OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for 10.11 GM. 
[*]Remove Broadcom bluetooth kexts from EFI folder. 
[/LIST]

EDIT: it's a bug, fixed in 6.4.3

Hi guys, I am having a problem with completing the installation of HP PBI, I am attaching my troubleshoot folder. For the record I followed every step of the Hp probook guide to install Yosemite, and I pressed F4 even with fn, but in Probook Installer still showed that I didn't pressed it, and I did not had the dsdt and ssdt.aml or any other file in my efi/clover/acpi/origin after pressing the f4 and booting to mac os x. I have the HP 350 G1 and it's driving me mad, because I cannot see what the problem is. I hope somebody can give me a clue.
P.S. I have installed 10.10.5 Yosemite on the system.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-09-23 05-21.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 77
Hi guys, I am having a problem with completing the installation of HP PBI, I am attaching my troubleshoot folder. For the record I followed every step of the Hp probook guide to install Yosemite, and I pressed F4 even with fn, but in Probook Installer still showed that I didn't pressed it, and I did not had the dsdt and ssdt.aml or any other file in my efi/clover/acpi/origin after pressing the f4 and booting to mac os x. I have the HP 350 G1 and it's driving me mad, because I cannot see what the problem is. I hope somebody can give me a clue.
P.S. I have installed 10.10.5 Yosemite on the system.

Will fix it in some minutes.

EDIT: Fixed in 6.4.3

Pbi ce uses fix
Code:
[B]Version 6.4.1 (September 11th 2015)[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Update OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi for 10.11 GM. 
[*]Remove Broadcom bluetooth kexts from EFI folder. 
[/LIST]

EDIT: it's a bug, fixed in 6.4.3

Great. Perhaps the only thing you might not have is transition to IntelBacklight.kext.

And it is likely BrcmPatchRAM will be changing a bit. Stay tuned.

Great. Perhaps the only thing you might not have is transition to IntelBacklight.kext.

And it is likely BrcmPatchRAM will be changing a bit. Stay tuned.

I just compiled the latest BrcmPatchRAM and BrcmPatchRAM2 and added it in 6.4.3, BrcmPatchRAM2 works well in my laptop. I will take a look at IntelBacklight later, look like a simplified of ACPIBacklight right? I just replace ACPIBacklight and remove the specified brightness dsdt patches.

I just compiled the latest BrcmPatchRAM and BrcmPatchRAM2 and added it in 6.4.3, BrcmPatchRAM2 works well in my laptop.

I'm going to refactor into a couple of kexts instead of just one. Stay tuned...

I will take a look at IntelBacklight later, look like a simplified of ACPIBacklight right? I just replace ACPIBacklight and remove the specified brightness dsdt patches.

Covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-new-brightness-kext-intelbacklight-kext.html

Highlights:
- normal PNLF patch works (eg. just "Brightness Fix")
- recommend using an additional patch to change PWMMax=0 (what was LMAX in the old patch)
Code:
#
# Override some properties for IntelBacklight.kext
# Override PWMMax to zero to use BIOS level
#
into device label PNLF insert
begin
Method(RMCF)\n
{\n
    Return(Package()\n
    {\n
        "PWMMax", 0,\n
    })
}\n
end;

I'll be updating the ProBook repo/wiki to reflect.

Back