Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Your issue was with DSDT, not "custom entry." Boot verbose to troubleshoot.
photo.jpg

hope you figure it out :|

It is a graphics problem. Post the DSDT you have in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder on your HDD's EFI partition.

Actually, I take that back...

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing.

It is a graphics problem. Post the DSDT you have in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder on your HDD's EFI partition.

Actually, I take that back...

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing.

i take from backup folder FakeSMC kext and put it back by using kext wizard ?

Edit: i booted from usb using f4 :| ,

i take from backup folder FakeSMC kext and put it back by using kext wizard ?

If you follow the guide and use the ProBook Installer correctly, it will install FakeSMC.kext. I believe it is currently supposed to go to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, and config.plist is set for InjectKexts=Detect such that if FakeSMC.kext is not in /S/L/E it will be injected. Personally, I don't use that particular setup and prefer to install it to /S/L/E.

If you follow the guide and use the ProBook Installer correctly, it will install FakeSMC.kext. I believe it is currently supposed to go to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, and config.plist is set for InjectKexts=Detect such that if FakeSMC.kext is not in /S/L/E it will be injected. Personally, I don't use that particular setup and prefer to install it to /S/L/E.

i checked all those things 1: fakesmc is in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (10.9) config.plist is set to inject by clover configurator so the only missing part is S/L/E which u said it should be injected.
so i should put it there ? by using kext wiz ?

Edit: i'm afraid because of two folders in there "10.9 and 10.10" causing the problem.
Edit2: i did actually install FakeSmC in S/L/E it booted normal but i got problem with keyboard and trackpad

Man, don't mess up your install... You shouldn't install fakesmc to s/l/e... Remove it now.

When you create custom entry in CC, did you forget to select InjectKexts=True? CC has a bug that it will auto select InjectKexts=False for custom entries if u don't set it.

Man, don't mess up your install... You shouldn't install fakesmc to s/l/e... Remove it now.

Let's not spread mis-information.

As long as you install all kexts to /S/L/E, installing FakeSMC to /S/L/E is fine.

When you create custom entry in CC, did you forget to select InjectKexts=True? CC has a bug that it will auto select InjectKexts=False for custom entries if u don't set it.

Or if you don't bother with Clover/kexts for your main install (keep it just for booting the recovery partition) and install kexts to /S/L/E, then you don't have this problem...

But yes, if you're going to use kext injection, you must make sure InjectKexts ends up true for that entry.

i checked all those things 1: fakesmc is in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (10.9) config.plist is set to inject by clover configurator so the only missing part is S/L/E which u said it should be injected.
so i should put it there ? by using kext wiz ?

Edit: i'm afraid because of two folders in there "10.9 and 10.10" causing the problem.
Edit2: i did actually install FakeSmC in S/L/E it booted normal but i got problem with keyboard and trackpad

You may have a problem if kexts/10.9 is empty and all your inject kexts are in kexts/Other. I'm not sure what Clover does in that case -- but is is conceivable it injects only the kexts in kexts/10.9, and none from kexts/Other. Best to remove all directories under kexts, except kexts/Other which contains the kexts you want to inject.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, if you install FakeSMC.kext (to /S/L/E) and InjectKexts=Detect, then the kexts in Clover/kexts will not be injected (because 'Detect' means "Inject when FakeSMC is not installed to /S/L/E").

The problem with automated installers is people now have a lack of understanding about how things actually work. There is a lot of flexibility in how you configure Clover -- many ways to accomplish the same thing -- and many ways to create a system that doesn't work as you expect. You learn by making mistakes.

You may have a problem if kexts/10.9 is empty and all your inject kexts are in kexts/Other. I'm not sure what Clover does in that case -- but is is conceivable it injects only the kexts in kexts/10.9, and none from kexts/Other. Best to remove all directories under kexts, except kexts/Other which contains the kexts you want to inject.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, if you install FakeSMC.kext and InjectKexts=Detect, then the kexts in Clover/kexts will not be injected (because 'Detect' means "Inject when FakeSMC is not installed to /S/L/E").

The problem with automated installers is people now have a lack of understanding about how things actually work. There is a lot of flexibility in how you configure Clover -- many ways to accomplish the same thing -- and many ways to create a system that doesn't work as you expect. You learn by making mistakes.
i do get your point but my issue in first paragraph is i don't even have such kext/other, what i have is kext/10.9 and 10.10 and they both have kexts inside which should be injected cause my cc is set to detect but as nyug said it got bug so i've set it to YES(i believe it's True or i should set it to Automatic ?) in CC still didn't fix.
so now i will try to delete the folders(10.9 10.10) inside kext and create new folder named other and i will put inside kexts from 10.9 and set back CC to Detect.
btw this was working fine all previous clover updates since this last update i got this issue.

Edit: it didn't work :|

i do get your point but my issue in first paragraph is i don't even have such kext/other, what i have is kext/10.9 and 10.10 and they both have kexts inside which should be injected

I believe the current PBI-CE installs them to kexts/Other so they work with whatever version OS X you happen to want to boot (even 10.8/10.7/10.6, etc). Unless it has changed (again). If you have the separate directories, it indicates you've deviated from the guide quite a bit.

cause my cc is set to detect but as nyug said it got bug so i've set it to YES(i believe it's True or i should set it to Automatic ?) in CC still didn't fix.

You have to set the Inject=true on the custom entry itself. I believe this bug is fixed in later builds of Clover, but of course, things have been a bit unstable with recent builds (current source doesn't even build).

so now i will try to delete the folders(10.9 10.10) inside kext and create new folder named other and i will put inside kexts from 10.9 and set back CC to Detect.

Detect will work only for entries that are listed that don't match a custom entry. For the custom entry, you must explicitly set Inject=true.

btw this was working fine all previous clover updates since this last update i got this issue.

The bug is newly introduced in recent builds of Clover (not sure which exact version)...

If you plan to update your Clover build often, you should probably follow the Clover forum on projectosx.com.

Back