Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Hello Guys,

i have updated to the latest version, and at the end i got a message saying that some kext are not recognized by developer, acpi, and others...

Another thing is that now the bright is down and i cannot change the bright of screen, i read the note but.. i dont know what do you mean with re-patch DSDTs...

NOTE: In order for the new brightness control to work, it's strongly recommended to re-patch your DSDTs, otherwise the brightness control may not work at all !!!

Thanks.

Hello Guys,

i have updated to the latest version, and at the end i got a message saying that some kext are not recognized by developer, acpi, and others...

Another thing is that now the bright is down and i cannot change the bright of screen, i read the note but.. i dont know what do you mean with re-patch DSDTs...

NOTE: In order for the new brightness control to work, it's strongly recommended to re-patch your DSDTs, otherwise the brightness control may not work at all !!!

Thanks.

About the warning message for the kexts it is normal because the kexts are not signed.

for re-Patching you DSDT.aml which is in /Extra:

1.Open MaciASL
2.File>Open> Your DSDT.aml File
3.In the new opened window choose "Patch"
4.Choose "Native Backlight Fix" (If RehabMan's repo is not added use this guide: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT)
5.Apply the change, Save the edited DSDT.aml and reboot.

Hello Guys,

Thanks.

Re-patching DSDT is covered in the sticky guide available at the top of this forum.

And yes, without the DSDT patch for brightness, your brightness controls will not work.

About the warning message for the kexts it is normal because the kexts are not signed.

for re-Patching you DSDT.aml which is in /Extra:

1.Open MaciASL
2.File>Open> Your DSDT.aml File
3.In the new opened window choose "Patch"
4.Choose "Native Backlight Fix" (If RehabMan's repo is not added use this guide: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT)
5.Apply the change, Save the edited DSDT.aml and reboot.

No. It is not the native backlight fix. To add the patch manually with MaciASL, apply:
"ACPI Backlight Control"
-and-
"Brightness data (generic)"

Hi,

is it just me, since 10.9.1 my fan never goes below 1920 RPM ?

I can see on my istats log that it was going as low as 476 before i did the update.

Did i miss something ?

Thanks

Hi,

is it just me, since 10.9.1 my fan never goes below 1920 RPM ?

I can see on my istats log that it was going as low as 476 before i did the update.

Did i miss something ?

Thanks

1920 is the lower limit for fan RPM (next stop is zero). It is hardware limitation. If iStat was reporting lower, it was incorrect.

1920 is the lower limit for fan RPM (next stop is zero). It is hardware limitation. If iStat was reporting lower, it was incorrect.

Having read this I thought Id check Hardware Monitor, I have the latest from PBI.

It no longer displays my fan speed, but has fixed the error not reporting my vertex 4 info properly, an issue with hardware monitor perhaps? or something else...

edit* appears to function but only when mains power is connected, is this normal?

Having read this I thought Id check Hardware Monitor, I have the latest from PBI.

It no longer displays my fan speed, but has fixed the error not reporting my vertex 4 info properly, an issue with hardware monitor perhaps? or something else...

edit* appears to function but only when mains power is connected, is this normal?

If your fan is not turning, HwMonitor displays "-".

Its turning..

It displays the above symbol if i remove the mains, as soon as I plug it in it shows the speed again, no major drama though..

Are you sure? The behavior of the fan on battery can be different than on AC power. It depends on how you have BIOS set.

Back