Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Dear. philip_petev!

Where can I download that?

The ProBook Installer? It is in post #1 of this thread (as always) as linked by philip_petev's post.

@philip_petev,

You might want to add the logic to make AR9285 and BCM4322x patches mutually exclusive...

Yeah, good idea. The next version will have it.

Where can I download that?

RM, you might want to add this to the FAQ :lol::lol::lol: (just kidding).

No offence, neobeing, but it's always on post 1!

Not really sure I am understanding why there is the BCM patch. On the 4540s this card works out of the box so why is the patch needed?

Not really sure I am understanding why there is the BCM patch. On the 4540s this card works out of the box so why is the patch needed?

The patch is for HP 8x60p and 6x60b, which has wifi whitelist in BIOS. Broadcom 43224 a/b/g is the only card in whitelist can support OS X (10.8.5+ required). It's similar to Atheros 9285 for 4x30s.

The IvyBridge HP laptop (4x40s, 8x70p, 6x70b) has removed whitelist for wifi card, so you can use any cards you want.

The patch is for HP 8x60p and 6x60b, which has wifi whitelist in BIOS. Broadcom 43224 a/b/g is the only card in whitelist can support OS X (10.8.5+ required). It's similar to Atheros 9285 for 4x30s.

The IvyBridge HP laptop (4x40s, 8x70p, 6x70b) has removed whitelist for wifi card, so you can use any cards you want.

And I assume it maps the ID of unsupported BCM4322x to a supported one.

For example all these:
Supported Device_IDs (injection required)
43b1 - BCM943352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H, 2.4/5 GHz, ac+abgn, 2 stream, 867 Mbs + BT (4.0)
4357 - BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB290H, 2.4 GHz, bgn, 2 stream, 108 Mbs + BT (3.0)
4353 - BCM943224 HMS, 2.4/5 GHz abgn, 2 Stream, 300 Mbs

Source: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Would like to upgrade my 4530 laptop to Mavericks, currently on 10.8.5. Any tips for doing this, or just wait for a new Probook Installer on this thread?

Cheers.

I'm getting some weird audio distortion/crackling/clicking during playback from flash player, any chance this is related to the latest probook installer? (6.1.8.1 beta)

EDIT: it's definitely a software issue, happens on built-in speakers as well as on external connected through headphones jack. It doesn't always occur, audio plays back fine most of the time, but at some point it gets so bad, I have to pause playback and wait a while, then I play again and it's all ok, and after some time starts again.

Would like to upgrade my 4530 laptop to Mavericks, currently on 10.8.5. Any tips for doing this, or just wait for a new Probook Installer on this thread?

Cheers.

Read the stickys in the "HP Probook - Mavericks" forum.

i'm using the 4x30s, and i noticed 2 new options, not sure if i need to tick them or not. these are:

• Broadcom 4322x
  • Fanreset.dylib

thanks.

Do you have a BCM4322x?
Are you using a WiFi card not on the BIOS whitelist for 4x30s?

If the answer to those questions is "no" then you do not have to select these. As usual, options in the ProBook Installer are dependent on the hardware you actually have.

And is it me, or weren't these questions just asked and answered due to the same query from Joyfult?

Back