Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

can anyone tell me how to fix the brightness issue after sleep? When I normally boot the system the brightness is OK but after sleep the current value before sleep is set as minimum brightness value and I cannot reduce the brightness under that point => at maximum illumination the screen is very brighter => much more current consumption!

Sounds like you don't have installed the blinkscreen tool... Do you have it?

i thought that is related to hd3000... I forgot to specify that I have this issue on a 4540s with Ivy 3210m processor => hd4000 graphics

i thought that is related to hd3000... I forgot to specify that I have this issue on a 4540s with Ivy 3210m processor => hd4000 graphics

The brightness problem is not any graphics-related. Just run the Installer and install only the blinkscreen utility. Oh, and report if there is any difference for you.

The hacked FanReset.dylib module was removed from the ProBook Installer, because there is an issue, when it's being used with no card installed in the miniPCIe slot. Sorry, but you'll have to do it manually every time.

I second the plea.. Maybe with an additional warning in the explanation mousover text in the lower panel of PBI to only apply this patch when the hardware is present?

dg

I second the plea.. Maybe with an additional warning in the explanation mousover text in the lower panel of PBI to only apply this patch when the hardware is present?

dg

It wasn't a separate patch before, which was the problem... Certainly it could be made an option with appropriate warning.

After a clean install of 10.8.5 with PBI 6.1.6 I got an issue with my bluetooth dongle: I can't turn it off. The dongle is a CSR-BT4.0 by Cambridge Silicon Radio, Product 0x0001, Vendor 0x0a12, Version 75.58. Have there been changes in a kext I need to revert?

After a clean install of 10.8.5 with PBI 6.1.6 I got an issue with my bluetooth dongle: I can't turn it off. The dongle is a CSR-BT4.0 by Cambridge Silicon Radio, Product 0x0001, Vendor 0x0a12, Version 75.58. Have there been changes in a kext I need to revert?

The ProBook Installer doesn't do anything with bluetooth, except for enabling firmware upload for AR3011, which your device is not. Your issue is unrelated to the ProBook Installer.

Thanks. Will try editing IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and see what happens.

EDIT: no luck. going to buy a new plug.

EDIT 2: seems to be widespread problem.
Neither 10.8.5 Supplemental update nor the full combo update 10.8.5 fixed it.
But the /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist DOES have the correct device and vendor IDs natively. WTF??? Best strategy may be waiting for Apple to get it right. :cry:

Version 6.1.8 is up!

- Added initial support for the 6x60b/8x60p, 6x70b/8x70p and 4x0s G0 series ProBooks.
- Almost all DSDT patches are updated. Added two new options in the Optional patches group: Broadcom 4322x and Intel USB 3.0.
WARNING: the USB 3.0 patch is only for 4x40s and all models with 7-series Intel USB 3.0 controller! Do not apply it on 4x30s!!! Also, in order to be used, the GenericUSBXHCI.kext must be removed from /S/L/E, because these two solutions aren't playing well together.
- The modified Fanreset.dylib is added in the Optional hardware-specific fixes group.
- Some internal changes, regarding the kexts patching.

I've just uploaded version 6.1.8.1 with the following fixes:

- the new USB 3.0 patch option will now backup and then remove from /S/L/E any version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext you may have.
- I've forgotten to add the AppleIntelE1000e.kext to the list of kexts for backup, now it's added.

Back