Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Hey Philip,

Could you please add a support for the BCM94322HM8L wifi card ?
After each update, I have to manually reinstall the FanReset.dylib as you told me.

Thanks

Hey Philip,

Could you please add a support for the BCM94322HM8L wifi card ?
After each update, I have to manually reinstall the FanReset.dylib as you told me.

Thanks

The hacked FanReset.dylib module was removed from the ProBook Installer, because there is an issue, when it's being used with no card installed in the miniPCIe slot. Sorry, but you'll have to do it manually every time.

Ok

I have a bug report, but I need to say that I'm officially blown away! I've done several desktops, and have had the 4530s XU015UT for a while now. In fact, I set up 2 more of them for friends. Last Friday I updated the os to 10.8.5 in all of them I discovered that I had HDMI audio, which I'd never had before and found nothing that was lacking.

Then, I had a friend tell me he wanted to get one of these laptops also, and I set up a hard drive in anticipation of when his machine arrives. Since 6.1.7 installer came out, I figured it must be the way to go and I used it. The result was I no longer had any audio.

I re-ran 6.1.7, ran Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache, but still had no audio on reboot.

Then I ran 6.1.6 and got audio back. Machine is working great now as far as I can tell.

Thanks for all the wonderful work!

Ok

I have a bug report, but I need to say that I'm officially blown away! I've done several desktops, and have had the 4530s XU015UT for a while now. In fact, I set up 2 more of them for friends. Last Friday I updated the os to 10.8.5 in all of them I discovered that I had HDMI audio, which I'd never had before and found nothing that was lacking.

Then, I had a friend tell me he wanted to get one of these laptops also, and I set up a hard drive in anticipation of when his machine arrives. Since 6.1.7 installer came out, I figured it must be the way to go and I used it. The result was I no longer had any audio.

I re-ran 6.1.7, ran Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache, but still had no audio on reboot.

Then I ran 6.1.6 and got audio back. Machine is working great now as far as I can tell.

Thanks for all the wonderful work!

Post your /var/log/install.log.

Post your /var/log/install.log.

Here you gofile://localhost/Users/stefangarr/Desktop/install.log

I have no idea if I did that correctly.. Did it come through?

Here you gofile://localhost/Users/stefangarr/Desktop/install.log

I have no idea if I did that correctly.. Did it come through?

Here's another try...

Attachments

• install.log.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 57
Here's another try...

There is nothing wrong with this log. According to it, you have installed the 10.8.5 Supplemental update between the two ProBook Installer runs and this update comes with an updated version of AppleHDA.kext, so that's why you have lost your sound. The ProBook Installer should be used after this supplemental update, before the reboot, with only the OS X support option selected.

There is nothing wrong with this log. According to it, you have installed the 10.8.5 Supplemental update between the two ProBook Installer runs and this update comes with an updated version of AppleHDA.kext, so that's why you have lost your sound. The ProBook Installer should be used after this supplemental update, before the reboot, with only the OS X support option selected.

Ok, now I remember that I did, in fact install the supplemental update... there's a lot I don't know

Thanks!

can anyone tell me how to fix the brightness issue after sleep? When I normally boot the system the brightness is OK but after sleep the current value before sleep is set as minimum brightness value and I cannot reduce the brightness under that point => at maximum illumination the screen is very brighter => much more current consumption!

Back