Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

It seems there is something wrong with your Python installation:

Oct 4 12:51:00 Huus-iMac.local installd[259]: ./preinstall: ./Backup.sh: ./display_colors.py: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Strange, this script actually works on fresh ML and Lion install... Make sure you have added /usr/bin to your PATH environment variable.

I fixed it, Thank philip :)

Hi,

Guys, Does Probook Installer 6.1.6 support ML 10.8.5 on 4540s ?

RM, I noticed (already a couple of times) that when I have all the four USB ports occupated (External HDD, bluetooth mouse etc...), doing two or three things at the same time (internet, music etc..), sometimes the system freeze and I have to keep pushed the power button to shut off the system. I'm the only one or is a normal thing for ours hackintoshes?

Thanks!

RM, I noticed (already a couple of times) that when I have all the four USB ports occupated (External HDD, bluetooth mouse etc...), doing two or three things at the same time (internet, music etc..), sometimes the system freeze and I have to keep pushed the power button to shut off the system. I'm the only one or is a normal thing for ours hackintoshes?

Thanks!

I don't get lockups very often. And so far not at all with 10.8.5... As you know, I do a lot of kext development and I'm almost always running stuff that is newly changed (before it ever goes into the ProBook Installer), so at times my system can be unstable (for example, the last two weeks has had the machine locking up on wake from sleep, but that problem seems gone now).

But you and I definitely do not do the same things with our computers. I rarely use the USB ports, I have no USB3, never use Bluetooth, etc... USB mouse almost all the time, USB HDD for TimeMachine backups every week, and that's about it.

The only thing you can do is isolate your issue to something that it is you're doing to see if you can find a root cause. A report where "I get lockups when I do lots of things at one time" is not really actionable.

The only thing you can do is isolate your issue to something that it is you're doing to see if you can find a root cause. A report where "I get lockups when I do lots of things at one time" is not really actionable.

RM, for now I can say that it happen only when I'm using all the 4 USB ports. So maybe is possibly related with the usb kext or something like this?

Thanks!

RM, for now I can say that it happen only when I'm using all the 4 USB ports. So maybe is possibly related with the usb kext or something like this?

Thanks!

Certainly it could the USB3 kext (I assume your laptop has USB3?), as it seems to have some rough edges especially on 10.8.5. Or it could be caused by a specific device you have plugged into a specific USB port that you only use when you have all 4 devices connected.

Tanxxx :) It's working great!!

I have every thing working, even brightness control and VGA output

You must have Sandy Bridge 4540s? Because I think VGA output only works with HD3000, not HD4000.

It seems there is something wrong with your Python installation:

Oct 4 12:51:00 Huus-iMac.local installd[259]: ./preinstall: ./Backup.sh: ./display_colors.py: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Strange, this script actually works on fresh ML and Lion install... Make sure you have added /usr/bin to your PATH environment variable.

Philip, when new PBI version is coming out? I'm gonig to do a fresh new install (new unibeast 2.1, new whole ML 10.8.5 (with the new supplemental update included) and because sometimes I have little freeze problems maybe related to the USB kext (like you can read above)).
Can I expect a new version soon?

Thanks!

Back