Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Side note: you can search for a kext by its classname with Kext Wizard, the last page, Loaded, but as the name says, you can find there only the kexts, which are currently loaded.

Those are not class names either. They are bundle IDs. Classes are actually C++ class names (derived directly or indirectly from IOService usually).

Beta 14 is up!

Please, read the changelog, it contains important information.

Ok, installed the Beta 14 on my existing 10.8.4 installation. Everything works well! :clap:

"unable to handle key..." errors during startup are now removed, also my AMD graphics is now recognized on System Information, although I know that doesn't change anything in regards to dedicated graphics.

Beta 14 is up!

Please, read the changelog, it contains important information.

thanks, the first thing i've noticed after b14, is the fan noise -snapshot below- apart from that, other general functions appear to be ok. will be update if any strange things/issues . and yes, i chose quiet fan option.

View attachment 59670
View attachment 59671...

Like I said before, keep in mind that it takes 30 sec sometimes to activate...

But... I have seen this. I don't use BT, but since you were reporting this, I decided to put the indicator back on the menu bar, so I'd notice whether it was loaded or not. Sometimes (fairly rarely, but often enough to notice) I'll notice it not working on a fresh restart. Coincidently, when this happens, my USB mouse is not working either. Since I've seen this happen on a warm boot (eg. after restart) and the USB mouse seems to not work at the same time, I believe it is not related to the IOath3kfrmwr.kext firmware uploader (firmware is already loaded on warm restart). I think sometimes on a restart, USB devices "already plugged in" fail to work. In the case of the USB mouse, I simply unplug and plug back in. With a built-in device like the BT chip, that is not really possible, so another restart is your only recourse.

BTW, I see the same USB initialization problem (w/ USB mouse) in Windows sometimes, so this is likely a flakey hardware thing: eg... HP's fault.

Bottom line: Move on... there is nothing we can do about this one.

Thanks for the feedback, saves time on the troubleshooting and diagnosis, when those things happens again, i now do a cold boot, in case and to be sure when in doubt. thanks again

thanks, the first thing i've noticed after b14, is the fan noise -snapshot below- apart from that, other general functions appear to be ok. will be update if any strange things/issues . and yes, i chose quiet fan option.

View attachment 59670
View attachment 59671...

Er... Your fan *should* be running (near) full speed (as it is) since your CPU temps are at >70C !!

stupid question from a nooby. If I run the new version of the installer with chameleon, this will replace chimera. Or should I, somehow, remove chimera first.

stupid question from a nooby. If I run the new version of the installer with chameleon, this will replace chimera. Or should I, somehow, remove chimera first.

It will just replace it.

Thanks. New installer worked wonderfully. Thanks you all.

Back